Buy Now
Sign in

Help with Multipage DB save as well as Multiplier DB save

Elitakey , May 24 2017, 18:00
E
Elitakey 209
May 24 2017, 18:00 #368569
Hello, have to admit that I am struggling for a long time with DB save actions for Multi page form.. so I need professional help to take a look at my form:
1. I created a form with 5 pages;
2. Each page has cf_id hidden field to pass the record ID throughout the form;
3. On the first page (On load event after HTML (render form)) I have custom code with following code:

<?php $form->data['atskaite']['cf_id'] ?> - to get the cf_id
and
<?php $form->data['cf_id'] = $form->data['atskaite']['cf_id'];?> - to assign that to the hidden field

4. On the folloving pages (page 2 event .... etc) i have DB save with the custom code that follows containing
<?php $form->data['cf_id'] = $form->data['atskaite']['cf_id'];?>

Unfortunately, debugger shows that by changing pages the cf_id changes incrementaly following by new record saved.
What did I miss here?

On Page 4 I have multiplier with the separate table.
After action DB save I have custom code added :

<?php $form->data['tiesnesi']['cfk_id'] = $form->data['atskaite']['cf_id']; ?> where I try to assign first table cf_id to second table id.
This does not save nothing

I have read all the posts in this forums but still did not get it working so I probably need some paid help with this.
admin 28
May 24 2017, 18:22 #368573
Hi Elitakey,

I suggest that you use v6 instead, it has better support for the multi save.

You also should not pass the cf_id in a hidden field but save it in a session variable, that cf_id is only available after the form has been saved, do you want to save the form on each page ? if not then do not worry about the cf_id

Best regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
E
Elitakey 209
May 25 2017, 07:40 #368584
I wanted to switch to cf6, but there is a problem with multiplier - it has changed and there is wery lean information about that how to configure it. I even wrot thet on other post...
I have very complex form with 5 pages and multiplier on one page.
I do need a help either way, pease.
E
Elitakey 209
May 25 2017, 07:42 #368585
Max, could you explain this with code: save it in a session variable?
E
Elitakey 209
May 25 2017, 07:47 #368586
or better write the guidelines how to configure multiplier. I am ready to start everything from scratch if I would be able to get the multiplier working in cf6
admin 28
May 25 2017, 09:10 #368592
Hi Elita,

Did you check the multi page demo in v6 ? you can use this as a start.

Do you need to save the form data after each page ?

Leave the multiplier to the last step, and you can test it in a different form until you can get it working.

Best regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
E
Elitakey 209
May 25 2017, 09:27 #368596
yupp. that i am doing now. lets switch to this post:
https://www.chronoengine.com/forums/posts/t103283/cfv6-multiplier-section.html?keywords=multiplier%20v6