Buy Now
Sign in

A more informative "Saved Successfully" label?

rmpaolillo , March 24 2015
Answered
rmpaolillo

Hi Max and Bob,

I have been using CCv5 and CFv5 together for a couple of months now.

When using both products together to list, view and edit (edit action) records I came across to a situation like the following:

when I edit a record with CFv5 and click on the Save button that redirects me to the CCv5 list/view I receive the message
"Saved Successfully". Is it possible to make this label more informative? i.e "Record #12 Saved Successfully".

Maybe there is already a workaround but I have not succeded to find any.

Thank you in advance.

Marco

Ruggiero Marco Paolillo

admin

Hi Marco,

There is no automatic way to do this since the field you would want to display is not known to CC, but you can code it:

Use a "custom code" action before the "Connection action and use this code:

<?php
$session = \GCore\Libs\Base::getSession();
$session->setFlash('info', "Your message here...");

Regards,
Max

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!

rmpaolillo

Hi Max,

that fully answers my question.

I just placed your code snippet in the "on submit" event in CFv5 (connection action) and it works as expected. No doubt 'bout it :D .

The more I use CCv5 the more I realize it has been worth investing my time on it. (I have used extensively CFv3, CCv3 and CFv4 (not CCv4...sorry) in the past and I knew that you would come out with another great piece of work)

Maybe, "GCore PHP framework" should be more documented on your site http://www.chronocms.com. I think that most of users questions, like this one, would have been solved with a better understanding of what is happening behind the scenes.

Regards.

Marco

Ruggiero Marco Paolillo

admin

Hi Marco,

Great, I will try to add more documentation or examples for the framework when the time permits, currently there are many tasks in the queue! :)

Regards,
Max

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!