Buy Now
Sign in

How to change the color of the red astrix and background popup

shrichter , October 25 2014
Answered
Featured
S
shrichter
Hi, there is a locked post here that describes how to modify the color of the red asterix (from 2012) but it doesn't work for me with Chronoforms5. It just doesn't work. I also want to change the red background color of the popup box that appears when incorrect data is put in a form element. How do I do this in the recent version? Thank you, Steve
admin
Hi shrichter,

For the asterisk please try this code in a "load css" action:

.chronoform .fa-asterisk{color:blue !important;}

Regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
S
shrichter
Thank you, that works like a charm. I played around with ways to change the background of the popup that happens when the validation fails, using similar syntax, and couldn't figure it out. Is that possible?

Also, is there a url I can go to to find more info on how to work with styling?

Thanks a ton!

Steve
admin
Hi Steve,

The styling is done using CSS, you should be able to change anything if you have some CSS experience!

What would you like change with the popup exactly ? because this one has many classes.

Regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
S
shrichter
I have quite a bit of css experience but there seems to be some obfuscation going on through your use of javascripts. I'll keep playing.
GreyHead
Hi Shrichter,

This seems to do it
.gtooltip.gvalidation-error-tip {
background-color: #4242ff !important;
border: 1px solid #00f !important;
}
.gvalidation-error-tip .gtooltip-arrow-border {
border-color: #00f transparent transparent transparent !important;
}
.gvalidation-error-tip .gtooltip-arrow {
  border-color: #4242ff transparent transparent transparent !important;