Buy Now
Sign in

Need help with CF and CC

WhiteLighter01 , December 28 2012
W
WhiteLighter01
Hi all,

Can't seem to find "ChronoConnectivity Questions" area, please move thread to the right area if I'm in the wrong one.

First, we've been using CF3.2 as our "Contact Us" form for almost a year now. We are now trying to create a subscription form where visitors can subscribe to different email publications that we have. Creating a CF for the task is no big deal, but we also need to let our subscribers edit their subscriptions. I installed CC2rc3 and played around with it but can't seem to figure out how to make it work.

What we're planning to do is to include a hyperlink on the email publications that we send to our subscribers which will contain their unique id (example: http:www.ourwebsite.com/emailsubscription?userid=nr43o8ry3ornfdqor8eur99rfj). The link should redirect them in a form where in they can change their subscriptions and save the changes without the need of them registering and logging in.

Currently, when I tried CC, it's been giving me the "You are not allowed to access this page" even if I have set all the front-end group permissions to Public Users.

Is there an updated (detailed) tutorial for CCv2rc3?

Thanks
GreyHead
Hi WhiteLighter01,

ChronoConnectivity v2 is pretty old now, there is a good tutorial for it in this forum somewhere from a few years ago.

From memory setting permissions was fairly straightforward - though you do need to make sure that you set the 'View' permissions to Public to let unregistered users have access. Also check that the listing is published.

Then you can add code in the Header section of the Listing to check the validity of the link parameter and redirect people accordingly.

Bob

PS While you can do this in ChronoForms & ChronoConnectivity some of the Joomla! Newsletter extensions are very capable and can do much of this work for you.
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
W
WhiteLighter01
Hi GreyHead,

Thanks for the reply. I decided to just go with CF using URL query string to check and retrieve values from the database for editing. Everything is working the way I wanted it to be except for one issue, joomla is caching the form. Entering the URL with query string for the first time will retrieve the data from the database and display it in a form so that the user can edit it. After submission, if you once again enter the same URL with the same query string, it will just load the same data on the form that it loaded before the edit was made. I checked the database and the record has been updated. If I delete the page cache on joomla and refresh the form (same URL and query string), that's the only time that the form will display the updated info. Is there a way to exclude the form from being cache?

J1.5.26
CF3.2

Note: Users are provided with the URL on their email in order to edit their subscriptions (URL containing the cf_id and uid as query string), they don't need to login to edit their subscription, and they don't have a joomla user account.
GreyHead
Hi WhiteLighter01,

You should never use caching with forms. As far as I know the Joomla! 1.5 built in caching has no options to exclude some pages from the cache - but I'm not an expert in that area :-(

Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much