Buy Now
Sign in

2 or more rows in Auto Listing (corrected)

chocofc1 , June 02 2012
c
chocofc1

It should not be very hard.

The option "List View Fields" should have a "List View Fields Col. 2" and "List View Fields Col. 3"

The idea is to make it easy have 2 or more rows so if we have to load many rows, dont have to move the screen to the right.

Please give an answer if this will be added, max would do it in 15 min. of work :D

Thanks

GreyHead

Hi chocofc1,

I'm not sure I understand the question :-(

You can already add a list of field/column names in het List View Fields box e.g id,title,catid

Bob

ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much

c
chocofc1

Yes, but there is option to create only one row for each record with Auto listing.

So we have the "List View Fields" but only 1.

What I want is for example

ROW 1. -----> id,name,email,telefone
ROW 2. -----> mesage,country

Of course this could easly be done customizing the body of the middle table.

But the idea is to make it easy to have 2 or more rows and still use Auto listing

_____|COL 1 | COL 2|
ROW 1|_______|______| -------> At this moment is only posible to create one row
ROW 2|_______|______|
I should be very easy but very useful for it will allow creating more complex listing tables.

admin

Hello,

In the latest version, there is the new "Auto list row event" box, you can use it to do what you need here, example, add in this box "auto", then add a new event to your form and call it "auto".

In this new event, add a "Custom code" action and use the $form->data['row'] to change the displayed row values, example:

<?php
$form->data['row']['message_country'] = $form->data['row']['message']."_X_".$form->data['row']['country'];
?>

If you have one of your list fields called "message_country" then it will use the new value set for it, even if there is no database table field with this name.

Regards,
Max

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!

c
chocofc1

Thank you Max

That is very very useful but it is not what I need right now.

I will try again.

The Auto listing generates automatically the HEADER, BODY and FOOTER of the table.

In the BODY it creates every column for each record.

Untill now everything normal.

What I whant is for each record not to be limited to have only one column. Do it the way you want, nested tables, divs, css.

I dont want more rows, but more columns for each record.

Column is horizontal.
Row is vertical.

Look at the image I have done in paint:

Attachments
dibujo_paint_2_columnas.png
dibujo_paint_2_columnas.png
(6.54 KiB)
3675 Downloads/Views
GreyHead

Hi chocofc1,

Column is horizontal.
Row is vertical.

Hmmm . . . but they aren't :-( Columns are vertical and rows are horizontal. When you use them the other way round it gets very hard to make sense of what you write.

Bob

Attachments
column-and-row.png
column-and-row.png
(34.59 KiB)
3612 Downloads/Views

ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much

c
chocofc1

Thank you, I always have a mess with this two words. I didnt meant to be a smartass, but that frase helped at least. Thank you again.