Buy Now
Sign in

Very Weird URL and & problem

carvalhorj , April 19 2012
C
carvalhorj
Everyone, hi

I am getting a bit desperate as I can't, by the life of me, figure out how to solve this one:

I was able to track this issue to

com_chronoconnectivity/libraries/chronoconnection php

The code, on line 95 reads

$this->connection_url = 'index.php?option=com_chronoconnectivity&view='.JRequest::getVar('view', 'connection').'&Itemid='.JRequest::getVar('Itemid');

which seems to be to be fine, but when finally gets to the browser it has translated to:

index.php?option=com_chronoconnectivity&view=connection&Itemid=4

and it fails with a

"Connection name can NOT be empty!" error.

It is obvious to me that the & is being translated to & because changing &amp: into & on the browser bar completes the action with no problem whatsoever.

But...

How and where do you fix it???

Help would be greatly greatly greatly appreciated

Ricardo
C
carvalhorj
One more thing:

having added

//set debug memory var
(...)
$this->debug['connection'] = 'index.php?option=com_chronoconnectivity&view='.JRequest::getVar('view', 'connection').'&Itemid='.JRequest::getVar('Itemid');

to line 104, returns

Array
(
[Approx_Memory_Usage] => 1144672
[Approx_Time] => 0.048856973648071
[connection] => index.php?option=com_chronoconnectivity&view=connection&Itemid=4
[SQL] => Array

on the debugger (which is what also one would expect....)
C
carvalhorj
Another thing:

substituting the "offending"line by

$this->connection_url = 'index.php?option=com_chronoconnectivity&chronoconnection='.$this->connection_name;//.'&task=list_data';

copied from line 80 same file still has a ampersand issue but at least completes the trasaction with no errors....

Weird????
GreyHead
Hi carvalhorj ,

Have you updated to the latest CCV4 RC2 ?

I suspect that this links back to the bug in RC1 where there was no 'Name' box in the Menu item creator. This would mean that using the URL with ITemID in it would give you a problem with the 'No name' error.

The & vs & shouldn't be a problem.

Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
C
carvalhorj
Hi Bob

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the only version I ever had was CCv4 RC2

Cheers,
admin
Hi carvalhorj,

Where do you get this issue ? frontend or backend ?

And could you please give me a scenario ?

Let me know about any special configs you have made into the connection itself.

Regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!