Buy Now
Sign in

Page Break

Ian , January 06 2008, 01:44
I
Ian 1
January 06 2008, 01:44 #4788
Hello!

How can I create many Page Breaks in the form?
I would integrate in one form a "next" button to go by site to site befor sending the form data by mail...

Is that possible?

Best Regards,
Ian
GreyHead 64
January 06 2008, 04:50 #4789
Hi Ian,

I'm sure it can be done, don't know of any examples here though.

You could look at the code that Joomla uses in the Admin interface - the ChronoForms Form Manager is a tabbed form. There are other JavaScript sources I'm sure. Or you could have a multi-part form and keep the previous data in hidden fields, or store it in database table and update it page by page using a hidden field to pass the record ID.

Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
admin 27
January 08 2008, 05:54 #4815
Hi Ian,

You can also create many DIV elements and hide/show them upon many next buttons presses

Cheers

Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
J
justtech 3
January 18 2008, 02:38 #5002
Little more detail? I followed this Tutorial in Dreamweaver and copied the code inside ChronoForms (http://www.devx.com/webdev/Article/10483/1763/page/2). When I try and get it open through ChronoForms, it is showing all divs one right after the other (stacked and none hidden). When I open it with Dreamweaver, everythig works as if it should. I have added the css styles to my template css and added the javascript in two different ways. I have created a javascript file and linked to it in my index, and I've called it through Chrono forms. No luck either way. Probably because it requires different aciton and id in the form line. Not sure but I would love some direction. Thanks in advance.<br><br>Post edited by: justtech, at: 2008/01/17 21:40
admin 27
January 22 2008, 04:55 #5083
Hi,

The code is alittle advanced and not frequently used, you can achieve the working result with Chronoforms but will need some tests, you will have to be very carefull and replace the form id with the chronoforms form id, same for the js functions, regarding the css issue this may be some conflict with your template css and not chronoforms, it really depends, use Firebug and it may help solving issues good luck!

Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
GreyHead 64
January 22 2008, 06:34 #5088
Hi Justech & Max,

I posted a little FAQ here on using the built in tab code in Joomla 1.0.x to create a tabbed form.

Bob
Attachments
ChronoForms v4 action show_html_gh.zip
(11.66 KiB)
19 Downloads/Views
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
J
justtech 3
January 23 2008, 01:28 #5115
Thank you guys for your reply. I will try this out and post back on here if it worked for me. Thanks again.