Buy Now
Sign in

Noob problems

atlantisaviation , November 03 2007, 23:55
GreyHead 64
November 05 2007, 22:46 #3452
Hi Chris,

Sorry, my mistake - trying to do three things at one. The values need to be in the form
value="<?php echo $_POST['Name'] ?>
I fixed them all for you I think.

Bob

PS I strongly suggest that you don't use names like "Average_Passenger_Load_(80%_of_the_Trips)" they are long and cumbersome and the '(, ), %' may well cause problems if they are misinterpreted as control characters. Keep them short like 'apl_80'. If you want the full names in the email then you can use the Element Titles tab or an email template.
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
A
atlantisaviation 14
November 05 2007, 23:03 #3454
Oh...you mean you have other things to do too? No way -- get out! Just kidding -- that is why I am so grateful that you are helping me.

Thanks for making the changes. Stupid question here -- can the "name" be different than what appears on the form that the interested party sees?

For example:

<tr><td align="right"><em>Principal Use of Aircraft</em></td>
<td><input type="text" name="PUA" value size="35"></td></tr>

Thanks again!

Chris
GreyHead 64
November 05 2007, 23:37 #3456
Hi Chris,

Can the name be different from the text the user sees? Absolutely, there's no connection between the two.

But - if you use short form field names with the 'Fields Titles' format for the results email then it 'may' help to use the Elements titles tab to de-code them a bit. Elements Titles works like "PUA=Principal Use of Aircraft".

Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much