Sign in

Multiple problems?

lbucher , October 16 2007, 23:01
L
lbucher 5
October 16 2007, 23:01 #2835
Hi-

New to Joomla and ChronoEngine.

Have finally got my site up but I receive an error message when I attempt to test my forms: "Sorry, you have entered a wrong verification code."

Is this a problem in the form I have created or a file on my server?

Also I am not receiving emails from the forms- but this may be related to the above error?

Thanks.<br><br>Post edited by: lbucher, at: 2008/01/11 18:17
GreyHead 64
October 16 2007, 23:44 #2838
Hi lbucher,

Let's debug this one step at a time.

First off check this FAQ to make sure that you can send e-mails OK (notice that you are asked to turn Image Verification 'OFF' to keep things simple.

Once you have emails working OK then turn ImageVerification back on again so we can see what's happening there. There are sometimes problems with Session settings but I believe that those have been fixed in the latest release.

Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
L
lbucher 5
October 17 2007, 00:07 #2839
I have turned off the image verification and turned on the debugging. The email did go through to the test address I put in but now I receive the following message:

"Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

I have my Mailer set to 'SendMail'and my sendmail path is /usr/sbin/sendmail- if that is even relevant?

What are other areas I should check to remedy this problem?

Thanks.<br><br>Post edited by: lbucher, at: 2008/01/11 18:18
GreyHead 64
October 17 2007, 00:15 #2840
Hi lbucher,

OK, we're one step on.

Have you got "/www.vino101.com" anywhere in your form data?? Possibly in the 'Redirect URL' on the 'Form URLs' tab?? If so, please delete it for the moment, then try the form again.

Bob
L
lbucher 5
October 17 2007, 00:23 #2842
When I do that (remove my redirect URL) and press Submit, I get the following:

_POST: Array ( [your_name] => Leslie [company_name] => Leslie [phone] => 444-444-4444 [email] => [email]leslie@email.com[/email] [email_confirm] => [email]leslie@email.com[/email] [regarding] => Question [through] => Ask_Jeeves [comments] => Test. )
Case 1: Use table layout
E-mail: 'Yes' custom
Email sent

and then I have the information from the test in a box.

What should this tell me?<br><br>Post edited by: lbucher, at: 2008/01/11 18:19
GreyHead 64
October 17 2007, 12:45 #2862
Hi lbucher,

That tells you that everything is working fine and that an email was sent by ChronoForms to the Joomla Mail handler and no problems were reported back. So it was successfully sent to whatever mailhandler you have set up on your site.

Did you get the e-mail? If not then it seems likely that you've either got a site set up problem and you'll need to check with your ISP what settings to use or possibly a spam filter problem and the email is being killed on its way to you.

When you are done, you can turn off Debug again.

If you want to put the site redirect back then you need the full URL i.e. http://www.vino101.com

Bob