Buy Now
Sign in

ChronoForms v4 and Joomla! 1.6

GreyHead , March 04 2011
D
davidakis
I decided to upgrade to Chrohoforms v4 and Joomla! 1.6
I set up a form but clicking on "frontend view" I am not able to see anything. I also tried to change the template, but the result is the same. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

edit: I just solved. I put "Show html" in the onload box of the Actions folder.

Thanks.
H
hdwebpros
Just my 2cents. Re-doing large forms, such as on-line applications is a pain in the arse. Chronoforms used to automatically create your email template. It would be a big bonus to the component if you could re-include that aspect.

Thanks for listening (reading)
F
Francesco Bedussi
Hallo everyone,
I've installed ChronoForm v4 RC1.9 on a Joomla 1.6.3.

I've successfully configured and published a form.

The form is very simple, it has a checkbox, a text imput for name and one for e-mail address.

It should send an e-mail with a fixed attachment to people who fill it. I can get it to send the message, but I can't manage to send the attachment.

I've found some posts with code patches for fixed attachments, but they all refer to joomla 1.5 and they all require to edit the form code, but (second problem!) I can see no form code for the actions, just for the front end.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance
H
hdwebpros
Am I right? You have to manually create your email templates in J 1.6?
GreyHead
Hi hdwebpros,

Yes, you are right.

Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
A
almchad
Went to get Joomla 1.6 and now they are doing 1.7 have you guys worked with 1.7?
GreyHead
Hi almchad,

I just upgraded my Joomla! 1.6 test site to 1.7 and ChronoForms seems fine. (The upgrade was messy and three seem to be a lot of forum reports about problems. In the end FTPing the new files worked OK.)

Bob
J
jmarian1
Hi. This maybe not the right place to post this but I am not able to create a new topic here. Pardon me. Anyway, I install Joomla 1.6.6 full package and finds out that mootools library is not included with the installation so using the chronoform v4 is not working (no wonder i tried how many times to use the db record loader but I am unable to). Is there a tutorial or a way how can I get the Mootools Library 1.3 as it requires using the Chronoform v4 in Joomla 1.6? Please help.

Jenny
GreyHead
Hi jmarian1,

Joomla! 1.6.6 is out of date, it has been replaced by 1.7 and now by 2.5; and a correct installation of any of these certainly includes MooTools.

You should be able to add a new topic by clicking the ChronoForms v4 link above where it says "Board index ‹ ChronoForms Forums ‹ ChronoForms v4"

Bob
J
jmarian1
Hi Bob,

Following your instructions, I actually deleted my new joomla 1.6.6 version in my server and install a brand new full package 1.7.3 version but still mootools is not included. I like working with chronoform v4 because that's what we have in other website as well and I am getting use to it but I don't want to install the 2.5 version yet. Is there any other way how to include mootools in the joomla? I don't want to work with joomla 1.5.23 because it is already outdated. Please help. I really need this to work as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
GreyHead
Hi jmarian1,

In my installations of Joomla! 1.7 and 2.5 the MooTools files are in /media/system/js/ with both compressed and uncompressed versions.

Bob
J
jmarian1
Hi Bob,

By all means, although mootools can't be seen in the plugin manager in the administrator site, it is automatically installed and enabled at the backend, right? I checked the file and yes, both are there. I just want to make sure that I don't need to hack the code to enable the mootool for v4 rc3.11. Thanks.
GreyHead
Hi jmarian1,

MooTools is installed as a part of Joomla!. It's loaded into your pages by your template or by an extension. Most but not all templates do this for you.

If it isn't loaded automatically you can usethe PHP code JHTML::_('behavior.mootools');

Bob