Buy Now
Sign in

Everyone on comments receives email when new comment

timmiller , August 02 2009
t
timmiller

Hey Guys,

My client was looking for something similar to facebook for one of her categories. Is there a hack out there that will automatically send an email to everyone who posted on a particular article- It doesn't have to have the content of the post (though it would be nice) but just a notification via email...

Thanks,
tm

GreyHead

Hi timmiller,

Not that I remember. I suspect that it wouldn't be too hard to add. (But I'm not very familiar with ChronoComments code).

Bob

ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much

v
vecchia

if the admins send me the latest svn build of the new version i can try to add it :roll: :)

GreyHead

Hi vecchia,

There's no svn that I know of, and I suspect that there is no later build than the release version.

Bob

ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much

v
vecchia

if you can check and send me the latest beta build where max is working i can add it and test it :D

t
timmiller

All,
Thanks so much for checking this out. Even if it can't be done, I appreciate the thought and time...

tm

v
vecchia

yea but i need the lastest version and i don't know if the latest build is the public version... i don't want to work on old version :roll:

s
soundepic

Hi, this is really a must have for blogs as people need to know they've been answered to, for example.

I wish I could upload my own default avatar too.

I guess I'll be using some other commenting system in the meanwhile...

L
Leethyl

I have now finally launched my new site and find now that I am also in need of this feature.