Buy Now
Sign in

ChronoForms v3.1 RC5.0 released

GreyHead , May 03 2009
S
steveharman
Hi Bob / Max,

We'd like to bring our Chronoforms from 3.0 to 3.1 RC5.3.

According to the Plugins tab in Joomla's Extensions Manager we have:

chronocontact   0.8/V3.0 Stable   (20 Sep 2008)

And under Components:

Chrono Contact   3.0 STABLE   (17.09.2008)   

Is it possible to go from what we have to 3.1 RC5.3 without losing our existing forms / configuration?

I did as Max suggested in an earlier posting and checked the Downloads section of Chronoengine.com (http://www.chronoengine.com/downloads/chronoforms/chronoforms-j1/component/126-chronoformsv3-1rc5-3.html) for instructions but... unless I'm mistaken it doesn't seem to cover what to do when upgrading from 3.0 of Chronoforms, only from earlier releases of v3.1?

Thanks,

Steve
GreyHead
Hi Steve,

I'm not sure exactly what is required. I don't think that a straight over-write will work.

Try this (personally I'd experiment with a test installation of Joomla):

Backup all the chrono . . . database tables, make backup copies of all your forms.

Uninstall the old version of ChronoForms, and install the new version.

Restore the database tables and the forms, click the Update SQL link in the forms manager.

Check the forms, you may need to open and re-save them.

Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
D
dotdub
I have installed and am working with ChronoForms 3.1 RC5.0 prior to purchase. I like what I have used so far. The custom form code is perfect as I prefer to handcode things. I am getting this error tho on all of my forms -

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '-', expecting '{' in /home/bluecoeu/public_html/auto/components/com_chronocontact/chronocontact.php(52) : eval()'d code on line 3

Any assist would be much appreciated. Thanks.
GreyHead
Hi dotub,

That seems to be this week's hot bug. You have a dash '-' in one of your field names and that breaks the SQL save. REplace it with an _ and all will be well.

Bob
D
dotdub
Ahh.. Thanks!
GreyHead
Hi dotdub,

BTW RC 5.0 is quite an old release - I think the latest is RC 5.3.

Bob
A
alibobs
I've just started with ChronoForms and I'm trying to use a custom PHP action page. I have the form HTML created in chronoforms, but can't see where to add the custom action PHP code. Also, how do I take the forms I've made in chronoforms and include them into the basic pages in the site I'm building in Joomla?
GreyHead
Hi alibobs,

What kind of action page is this? If it's inside the site you may be better incorporating the PHP into the ChronoForms OnSubmit code. If it's external you can add an action to the OnSubmit URL box on the Form Genereal Tab - but note that if you do this ChronoForms will never see the form results and will not be able to send emails or save data - or anything else.

Bob
V
vecchia
hi all, a little question that i don't understand... how i can upgrade from my ChronoForms 3.1 RC5.3 to RC 5.5?
GreyHead
Hi vecchia,

I think you just install the new version - no uninstall required. Unless Max posted something different on the download page (I don't remember seeing it if he did).

After you've installed you may need to click the Upgrade SQL link.

Bob
R
rading
Hi guys?

I am new to Joomla, and Chronoforms for that matter.

This has been a big help, I have learnt so much in such a short period of time and am still not done, I think....

Just wanted to say thank you to all the work you're doing with this. Brilliant, totally Brilliant!!!

Cheers!!!
B
betsy fischerr
I upgraded to RC5, but now one of my forms will not submit. I click the submit button and nothing happens. I attached the form in case you need it.
GreyHead
Hi betsy,

No attachment . . . a link to the form would be useful.

Bob
GreyHead
Hi scarley4,

Yes but not automatically, directions are in the forums here.

Bob
S
stevenevans2k10
same thing happen to me... I can't figure out the problem... can anyone help?

"tidusx18":
Hi,

I upgraded to RC5, but now one of my forms will not submit. I click the submit button and nothing happens. I attached the form in case you need it.

Thanks.

Daniel-
GreyHead
Hi stevenevans2k10,

Can you post a link to the form please.

Bob
M
martincg
Hello to all,

I have question to developers: What are you planning for next version ? /if you are planning next release ?/

thank you,
Martin
GreyHead
Hi Martin,

As far as I know Max is planning the next release for Joomla 1.6 but I have no special knowledge about what he intends to include.

Bob
N
neubree739
"martincg":
Hello to all,

I have question to developers: What are you planning for next version ? /if you are planning next release ?/

thank you,
Martin

Any updates since??
N
neubree739
"GreyHead":
Hi Martin,

As far as I know Max is planning the next release for Joomla 1.6 but I have no special knowledge about what he intends to include.

Bob

Fantastic, have you herd anything new on the new version and when it might be ready?