Buy Now
Sign in

ChronoForms v3.1 RC5.0 released

GreyHead , May 03 2009
P
peter49
Hi Jason,

the problems you mention are unknown to me. After setting IE8 to IE7 compatibility mode, all layout problems disappeared, and did not return when I changed "clear" into "cfclear". So "clear"ly something else is going on at your site.
Anyway, visiting your site using the link does not yield a form, but an error message: "There is no form with this name or may be the form is unpublished, Please check the form and the url and the form management". And even when a form were shown, it's only the outside that's visible, not the area where the problem might be. In order to improve your chance that someone (else!) is capable of helping you, you'd better backup the form (Forms Manager - select the form - press "Backup Form" in icon row) and post the result here.

Regards,
Peter
J
jaysunp
Thanks for the reply, Peter.

I unpublished the links to the form before going offline last night. Ooops. You can see what the form is doing now if you check the link above or here http://perth.directrouter.com/~harmoniy/index.php?option=com_chronocontact&Itemid=23

I also backed up the form and have attached it to this post to see if it shows someone more experienced with this component what it is doing. I appreciate the feedback. This is the last element to finish before taking this site live.

If you look at the backup file attached, you will see that the first instance of the cfclear div is missing. I deleted it. When I did so, the large blank area moved from between the first two form items, to between the second and third form items. That is the version of the form that you see live on the website currently.

I just built this form on a brand new install of ChronoForms v3.1 RC5. My Joomla version is 1.5.10

I look forward to hearing any suggestions and insights.

Thanks,
Jason
Attachments
Client_Form.txt
(40.63 KiB)
1009 Downloads/Views
GreyHead
Hi Jason,

Have you tried changing themese using the Transform Form icon? That may do it for you.

If not, a little FireBug experimentation suggests that this will work at least for the moment.

Find the ChronoForms sytlesheet 'style1.css' and change the element at the end to read
.cfclear {
clear:none; // <-- change this line
font-size:0;
line-height:0;
}

and add after it
div.chronoform {
clear:both;
}

Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
P
peter49
Hi,

at the start of this thread tidusx18 reported a submit button no longer working.
I encountered the very same problem. I have no form tags, I cleared the cache, and validation ON/OFF doesn't matter. Just like tidusx18 I do have style="display:block;" and style="display:none;" in my form, although according to a text above the Form HTML box style elements should not be used. But we do need them in order to make the form conditional.
Nevertheless I started bug-hunting and created a (reasonably) minimal form that shows the problem:
<div class="form_item" id="group0" style="display:block;">
<div class="form_element cf_dropdown">
<label class="cf_label" style="width: 150px;">Click Me to Edit</label>
<select class="cf_inputbox validate-selection" id="select_0" size="1"
title="" name="select_0">
<option value="">Choose Option</option>
<option value="option 1">option 1</option>
<option value="option 2">option 2</option>
<option value="option 3">option 3</option>
</select>
</div>
<div class="cfclear">&nbsp;</div>
</div>

<div class="form_item" id="group1" style="display:none;">
<select class="cf_inputbox validate-selection" id="select_1" size="1"
title="" name="select_1">
<option value="option 4">option 4</option>
<option value="option 5">option 5</option>
<option value="option 6">option 6</option>
</select>
</div>
</div>

<div class="form_item">
<div class="form_element cf_button">
<input value="Submit" name="button_2" type="submit" />
</div>
</div>
(to be entered into the Form HTML box. No email, no DB-connection.)
On my PC (Windows XP, IE8 in IE7 compatibility mode, Joomla 1.5.11, ChronoForms v3.1 RC5.1) the submit button doesn't work for this form.
And I think I know why.
When I remove the "validate-selection" from the class in the second block, suddenly the submit button works!
My guess: although the display style is set to none, Mootools somehow requires a selection to be made. Impossible of course, the message isn't even shown! What is your opinion?

Regards,
Peter
GreyHead
Hi Peter49,

That's correct - except that it's not actually MooTools but the validation library (LiveValidation probably). It has no way of knowing that the drop-down is hidden. The easiest workaround it probably to add a line to the code that hides the block to remove the validation requirement at the same time (and vice versa).

Bob

PS I think that the latest MooTools validation library can detect this condition - but it's not being used here for a couple of reasons.
P
peter49
Hi Bob,

thank you for the answer, but the workaround you mention is not clear to me. Could you please exemplify?
When I remove the validation requirement everything works fine, nothing to work around, but I do want the user to select a value of course.

Regards,
Peter
GreyHead
Hi Peter,

What is the Javscript that you are using to change the visiblity of the blocks here? If you post it I'll try to add the change to it.

Bob
P
peter49
Hi Bob,

Thank you for your offer.
The example I gave is a minimal example, that just shows the problem, but does not contain any further JavaScript.
The exampe below is a bit more realistic and contains some JavaScript that does the switching work, as well as an additional select that controls the switching.
Note that the "name" property of both "switching" selects is the same. Only one of these selects should ever be enabled and yield the "option" record field for my application.
The example below implements a working switch mechanism, but the Submit doesn't work, because of the "hidden" validate-selection.

<?php
$script = "
window.addEvent('domready', function() {
var selectGroup = function() {
switch ($('select_0').selectedIndex) {
case 1:
{ $('group1').setStyle('display', 'block');
$('group2').setStyle('display', 'none');
break;
}
case 2:
{ $('group1').setStyle('display', 'none');
$('group2').setStyle('display', 'block');
break;
}
default:
}
};
$('select_0').addEvent('change', selectGroup);
});
";
$doc =& JFactory::getDocument();
$doc->addScriptDeclaration($script);
?>

<div class="form_item">
<label class="cf_label" style="width: 150px;" >Select group</label>
<select class="cf_inputbox validate-selection" id="select_0" size="1"
title="" name="group">
<option value="">Select a group</option>
<option value="1">Group 1</option>
<option value="2">Group 2</option>
?>
</select>
</div>
</div>

<div class="form_item" id="group1" style="display:block;">
<select class="cf_inputbox validate-selection" id="select_1" size="1"
title="" name="option">
<option value="option 1">option 1</option>
<option value="option 2">option 2</option>
<option value="option 3">option 3</option>
</select>
</div>
</div>

<div class="form_item" id="group2" style="display:none;">
<select class="cf_inputbox validate-selection" id="select_2" size="1"
title="" name="option">
<option value="option 4">option 4</option>
<option value="option 5">option 5</option>
<option value="option 6">option 6</option>
</select>
</div>
</div>

<div class="form_item">
<div class="form_element cf_button">
<input value="Submit" name="button_2" type="submit" />
</div>
</div>

Regards and good luck!
Peter
GreyHead
Hi peter49,

I have to admit defeat for the moment. I can add and remove the validation classes but LiveValidation takes no notice of them once the validations are created. LV has enable and disable methods that are supposed to let you turn validations on and off - but for the life of me I can't see how to apply them to these inputs :-)

I'll try again when I've regained my patience!

Bob

PS The more I see of LiveValidation the less I like, I don't understand why Max chose to switch away from the simpler and friendlier 'Really Simple Validation' library :-(
admin
Hi Bob,

I don't understand why Max chose to switch away from the simpler and friendlier 'Really Simple Validation' library :-(

Its really much more flexible! I don't think we can turn off/on validations or add new validations based on some choices with the earlier one!

Regards
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
GreyHead
Hi Max,

Hmmm . . . i've spent most of the afternoon struggling with LiveValidation and have competely failed to find any way to access any of the validations and change or disable them. Will the MooTools library you just changed the class.

Bob
admin
Hi Bob,

Please try this, in the JS code box, add this code inside a domready event:

cfvalidate_fieldname.disable(); //replace fieldname

this should disable the validation of some field, this needs RC5.1 of course!

let me know!

Regards
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
GreyHead
Hi Max.

Ahhhh . . . I didn't try that version - I'll give it a test in the morning . . .

Bob
GreyHead
Hi Max,

No, no luck with cfvalidate_ either.

I can see the object being created by the jasvalidation2.js script and I can see the fieldsarray object and the LiveValidationForm function in the DOM but I am completely unable to access any of them* and hence I can't get the disable or enable methods to work :-(

This could well be that my Javascript isn't up to it but it certainly isn't user friendly. I've read the LiveValidation docs and they don't help me at all.

Bob

* I've tried at domready and inside a function being called on the page.
I
iaweb2
"admin":
hi buurman,

It depends on the version you have now, check the instructions in the download page!

Cheers
Max

Hey Max:

I just purchased a license for Chronoforms and in order to apply it I need to upgrade the Chronoforms from my existing 3.0 STABLE version to the latest you have on the website which V3.1 RC5.1 ...

The problem is that I have such a huge amount of forms >25 and most of them with special Plug-In etc... that I do not rally want to uninstall everything and restore everything from scratch.

I checked the download page and there were no instruction for upgrades, so any chance you could advice me ??

Thanks

Heiko
admin
Hi Heiko,

Please contact me through the contact us page!

Regards,
Max
Max
admin
"GreyHead":
Hi Max,

No, no luck with cfvalidate_ either.

I can see the object being created by the jasvalidation2.js script and I can see the fieldsarray object and the LiveValidationForm function in the DOM but I am completely unable to access any of them* and hence I can't get the disable or enable methods to work :-(

This could well be that my Javascript isn't up to it but it certainly isn't user friendly. I've read the LiveValidation docs and they don't help me at all.

Bob

* I've tried at domready and inside a function being called on the page.

Hi Bob,

well, I think its better to just create a new livevalidation object for the field you want to play with, leave the field un validated and create a new live validation object inside a domready event function and add this to the JS code box, I'm sure it should work because I used the validation in some form with all fields required and 1 field should be required if some checkbox is checked so I had to enable/disable it or use a custom validation function! I did this about 1 month ago though and can't find the code now but here is a piece of code I used to test before I reach to the final code implemented, it will make the field required and make sure it has a specific value (simple function but I replaced it with something more complicated like if checkbox is checked and field is empty then fail)

window.addEvent('domready', function() {
var f2 = new LiveValidation('f2');
f2.add( Validate.Presence );
f2.add(Validate.Custom, { against: function(value){ if($('f2').value == 'ppp')return true; }, failureMessage: "Username already taken!" } );
});

Regards
Max
Max
S
savarbi
hi,
i have a problem when i would like to intall chronoforms this messege is appeared in my navigator:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\www\libraries\joomla\filesystem\folder.php on line 427

please help
GreyHead
Hi savarbi,

ChronoForms is a big file and sometimes servers can't upload it all. Try a manual installation - you'll find several posts here with links to a little video tutorial.

Bob
S
savarbi
think you boss

this is the link:http://www.solarenergyhost.com/content/view/182/205/