Buy Now
Sign in

ChronoComments install changes site alignment

allison , October 28 2008, 03:14
A
allison 1
October 28 2008, 03:14 #16097
Hi - I have just installed ChronoComments on my site, and it has somehow over-ridden the template and left-aligned the site (instead of centred). Does the component write to a css (or other file that would be relevant)? Any ideas on where I can go looking to fix this up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
admin 28
October 28 2008, 09:07 #16105
Hi allison,

components/com_chronocomments/style.css

this file may have some classes which may conflict with other classes at your site, you can use Firefox and firebug extension to know where the conflict happens!

Cheers
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
S
Sadowskin 14
October 30 2008, 12:27 #16273
I was having a simular problem but only in lovely IE6.
My #maincontent div background moved over my left menu (only on pages with chronocomments form).
In components/com_chronocomments/style-ie6.css
I changed
.clear { font-size:0px!important; line-height:0px!important; clear:both;}
to
.clear { font-size:0px!important; line-height:0px!important; display: block;}

and
.clear1 { font-size:10px!important; line-height:10px!important; height:10px; clear:both;}
to
.clear1 { font-size:10px!important; line-height:10px!important; height:10px; display: block;}

That fixed my template going outside of my divs and changing alignment...

Now because of Internet Explorer 6 's policy to ignore the second class when given 2 classes, IE6 users can't give comments because .comment-form has display: none; and is only made visible by adding the second class: .display
<div id="post_x1_form" class="comment-form display">

still looking to solve that...
admin 28
October 30 2008, 21:03 #16293
Hi Sadowskin,

Thanks for teh first tip, for the lovely IE6 issue, this page:
http://www.chronoengine.com/home/1-latest/39-chronoconnectivity-released.html#comments

is fine for me on IE6! what about you ?

Cheers
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
S
Sadowskin 14
November 02 2008, 20:02 #16435
Thanx Max,

It was so easy,
Just uncommented the width of the #comments-container and changed it to the right width in ie6-style.css which fixed all my problems!
#comments-container { /*width:700px;*/ padding:10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color:#333333;}

to
#comments-container { width:680px; /* =width of surrounding div */ padding:10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color:#333333;}

After I did that I didn't even need to change the clear: both to display: block as suggested above.

Cheers and thanks for the great support !!
admin 28
November 02 2008, 20:32 #16437
Ok great!
Max