Buy Now
Sign in

Read n comments closing the <a> tag

Sadowskin , October 06 2008, 11:45
S
Sadowskin 14
October 06 2008, 11:45 #14716
I know there's a new version coming up, but I don't know if it is for the plugin too...
The 'read n comments' link was had different html in IE and FF3.

On line 94 of the ChronoComments.php file of the plugin (under plugins/content/) it reads
$language = '<a href="'.JRoute::_('index.php?option='.JRequest::getVar('option').'&id='.$row->id.'&view=article#comments').'">'.JText::_( 'READ N COMMENTS' );

Shouldn't that be ?
$language = '<a href="'.JRoute::_('index.php?option='.JRequest::getVar('option').'&id='.$row->id.'&view=article#comments').'">'.JText::_( 'READ N COMMENTS' ).'</a>';

to close the <a>-tag?

And while we're at it give the link a .chronocommentslink class?
Because the <div class="chronocommentslink">... in the translationfile makes it a div inside a hyperlink, which isn't best css practice? I think that will only work in FireFox, btw not IE...

$language = '<a class="chronocommentslink" href="'.JRoute::_('index.php?option='.JRequest::getVar('option').'&id='.$row->id.'&view=article#comments').'">'.JText::_( 'READ N COMMENTS' ).'</a>';

Just my thoughts.
You can move this to Hacks, admin
admin 28
October 06 2008, 12:33 #14717
Hi Sadowskin, please try V1.2 as its already out and let me know if you are still experience the same issue!

Cheers

Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!