Buy Now
Sign in

System vs Content Plugin

G
grantdigital 48
June 28 2019, 00:03 #387884
The way the system plugin is set up in regards to shortcodes is very annoying.
Particularly with Connectivity v6 as they have no dedicated module. The system plugin does not work with modules so I have to enable the content plugin. but this then also conflicts with shortcodes being used in articles. With caching is enabled and when an article is loaded from cache none of the CSS/JS is loaded.
Why can the system plugin work like any other plugin and work everywhere not just in limited components as you have configured?
I would like just to work fully and not have to worry about the content plugin but currently, it's very annoying working out how to setup a page.
admin 27
June 28 2019, 08:09 #387885
the system plugin is not affected by the cache, the latest update soles the problem of loading the form when editing the article.
The system plugin will only work in the defined components names in the plugin settings, this is to avoid unexpceted shortcode parsing.
Best regards
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
G
grantdigital 48
June 28 2019, 21:48 #387898
My issue it the system plugin does not work in modules which cause a real pain as the only way to get that to work is via the content plugin which then causes the caching issue.
How can we get the system plugin to work in modules?
G
grantdigital 48
July 05 2019, 00:04 #387992
Hi
Is there any way we can get the system plugin to work in modules?
admin 27
July 11 2019, 19:14 #388145
Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this, you can use a Chronoforms6 module for module positions.
Best regards
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
admin 27
July 11 2019, 19:15 #388146
And for Connectivity, the next CF6 update has a new Connectivity mode, you can use that as a Connectivity alternative and use the CF6 module.
Max