Buy Now
Sign in

Registration Form with J! and CB Reg plugins?????

webmonkiee , July 28 2008, 18:29
W
webmonkiee 19
July 28 2008, 18:29 #10827
Hello,
Is there a tutorial or step by step forum post about creating a site registration page with ChronoForms using the J!/CB plugins?

I am completely stumped. I've created my form and synced the fields with the J! and CB registration plugins, enabled them from within the form (under "Plugins") but the registrations do not get added to the J! or CB users table. The email still gets sent from ChronoForms, but not data is entered into either of the user tables. Am I missing something here?????

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jonathan
GreyHead 64
July 29 2008, 05:24 #10848
Hi Jonathan,

I'm afraid that there aren't any PlugIn tutorials at the moment, I don't use CB so that makes it difficult to know what's happening for you.

Are you using both PlugIns? That doesn't sound right to me - they both do more or less the same thing. Disable the Joomla Registration Plugin and see if things improve.

Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
W
webmonkiee 19
July 29 2008, 18:31 #10864
Thanks Bob.

I've tried it with both plugins and each on individually and still do not seem to work.

Is there anyone in the community that has gotten the Community Builder registration plugin to work successfully? I'm must be missing one small setting somewhere.
admin 28
July 29 2008, 19:21 #10866
Hi Jonathan,

The CB plugin does have some Extra fields for testing, write something like <?php echo 'CB is ON'; ?> in the first and 2nd box and see if it gets executed ?

Cheers

Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
W
webmonkiee 19
July 29 2008, 19:41 #10872
Thanks Max.

I tried that and I'm getting nothing. Where would this output? I'll try a js alert to see if maybe I missed the output.

One weird thing I noticed is that when I saved the CB Registration settings (syncing all the fields), when I put <?php echo 'CB is ON'; ?> click save and go back into the CB settings, it's added slashes in the php code as if it's trying to escape characters, and it adds slashes each time I open and save. For instance now it looks like this... <?php echo \\\\\\\"CB is ON\\\\\\\"; ?>

Thanks again for all the help Bob and Max!
W
webmonkiee 19
July 29 2008, 20:11 #10874
So let me make sure I have everything set up correctly...

1. Created a new form "Registration_Form"
2. Checked "CB Registration" from the "Plugins" tab under Form Management for "Registration_Form". All other plugins unchecked.
3. Synced form fields to CB Registration fields. Check "Registration_Form", clicked "CB Registration" under plugins.

Is there anything I'm missing?
admin 28
July 29 2008, 20:13 #10875
no, one thought, try the Joomla registration plugin instead, does it work ?
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
W
webmonkiee 19
July 29 2008, 20:41 #10880
Still a no go with the Joomla! registration plugin too.

I'm going to try some tests/changes with my form. This all seems to weird.
W
webmonkiee 19
July 31 2008, 04:19 #10894
I still can't seem to get any of the plugins to work with my form.

Are there any examples of the plugins working? I'm at a complete loss.
admin 28
July 31 2008, 07:11 #10898
"webmonkiee":
I still can't seem to get any of the plugins to work with my form.

Are there any examples of the plugins working? I'm at a complete loss.

Hi,

I will try to get something today, sorry but I was very busy with changing hosts, was pretty big amount of work and changes!

Cheers

Max
Max
GreyHead 64
July 31 2008, 08:24 #10902
Hi webmonkiee,

I'm guessing that your problems with extra slashes and with the Registration PlugIns may be linked. I think that the slashes problem may be linked to Magic Quotes - please will you check System Info | PHP Settings and see if Magic Quotes is ON or OFF.

Also please tell us which versions of PHP and Joomla you are using - on the System Info tab.

Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
W
webmonkiee 19
July 31 2008, 15:36 #10925
Thanks Max. I completely understand the pain with switching hosts. It can be a nightmare.

GreyHead,
magic_quotes_gpc = on
magic_quotes_runtime = off
magic_quotes_sybase = off

PHP is version 5.2.5
Joomla! is version 1.5.3

Thanks again guys.
This is a great component and great support. I will definitely be making an additional donation.
admin 28
July 31 2008, 16:05 #10928
Hi webmonkiee,

if you can send me your website admin login (temp account) with joomlaxplorer installed then I will come in and see why the plugin doesn't work.

PM this to me if you like!

Cheers

Max
Max
W
webmonkiee 19
August 04 2008, 16:19 #11064
Hey Guys,
is there an updated CB plugin or a download I can download just the plugin?

Max, did you see anything when you logged in to my site?

Thanks again for all your help!
Jonathan
admin 28
August 04 2008, 19:48 #11068
Hi,

Actually I looked at your form and I found the mistakes and PMed you the same day, check your PM inbox here!

Regards

Max
Max
W
webmonkiee 19
August 06 2008, 15:16 #11152
Thanks Max.
Did you get the form to work with the CB plugin? I see that it is working with the Joomla plugin, but doesn't seem to be working with the CB plugin.

?????????????
admin 28
August 06 2008, 19:41 #11157
Hi, I didn't even try the CB, I looked at them both and configuration was wrong as I told in the PM so I didn't try to test!

Let me know whats the issue now

Cheers

Max
Max
W
webmonkiee 19
August 07 2008, 21:32 #11230
I made all the changes to the CB plugin config and it still is not working. The Joomla plugin works fine, but not the CB plugin.

Thanks again for all the help.
Jonathan
W
webmonkiee 19
August 15 2008, 23:30 #11576
I have tried everything with the CB plugin, and still nothing.

Max, have you every used the CB plugin on other sites? Did you write it? I'm wondering if it's an issue with CB????

Thanks.
admin 28
August 16 2008, 12:20 #11582
Hi,

Actually I used CB 1 or 2 times all the time I worked with joomla, because simply I don't like it

I developed and tested this plugin on Joomla 1.0.x and converted it to be J1.5 also but I can't remember if I tested it on J1.5 or not! I think CB is not J1.5 native ?

tell me the best result you achieved tell now with this!

Cheers

Max
Max