Buy Now
Sign in

Max Form Size???

itpates , November 27 2018
I
itpates 116
November 27 2018 #381810
I have a rather large form that no longer opens. All the other smaller forms open. I've set my php timeout to 10 minutes, but it doesn't even give a time-out warning like some other forms of mine have. It simply stops trying. I copied the text in the Views database entry into that of a blank form and same thing. There are 106511 characters no counting spaces - 107529 with spaces. I am not sure what longtext limits are in MySQL off the top of my head. But I was working on the form - the email template - saving just fine, but I refreshed the form and it no longer opens. Is there anything I can do in the database to fix this? A lot of time was spent putting this form together and people are waiting on me.
healyhatman 6.1
November 27 2018 #381813
Check your javascript console for errors when it's trying to open.
Web developer at SkySpider.com.au
I don't work for ChronoEngine but I do accept donations paypal.me/healyhatman

You can now copy+paste code from forums
GreyHead 63.5
November 28 2018 #381839
Hi ipates,
"LONGTEXT - column with a maximum length of 4,294,967,295 or 4GB (232 - 1) characters. The effective maximum length is less if the value contains multi-byte characters. The effective maximum length of LONGTEXT columns also depends on the configured maximum packet size in the client/server protocol and available memory. Each LONGTEXT value is stored using a four-byte length prefix that indicates the number of bytes in the value."
I doubt that is the problem :-(
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
I
itpates 116
November 28 2018 #381844
It never gets that far - Javascript console is useless in this case. Just a blank page. Something is choking it on the PHP-MySQL side.
I
itpates 116
November 28 2018 #381845
Thanks, Bob. I did notice that on the Sections entry, there was a notice from PHPMyadmin: " Because of its length, this column might not be editable" and wondered if similar was happening for the Views entry. It's odd - the Sections only has 23k in it, and is supposed to handle nearly three times that much. So I'm wondering if there's a difference between the actual limits of MySQL, and perhaps applied/implied limits thanks to PHP settings or something.
GreyHead 63.5
November 29 2018 #381866
Hi Ipates,
Can you still take a form backup? If so please post a copy here (or PM me with a download link).
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
I
itpates 116
November 29 2018 #381884
PM'd. Thanks.