Buy Now
Sign in

Form Loader never stops

glazweb , November 19 2018
G
glazweb 18
November 19 2018 #381595
Hello Everyone.
Using Chronoforms 5.0.17 on J! 3.8.12 installation, I can't open a form anymore.Screenshot_2018-11-19.png
This is the biggest form I've created. Smaller ones on same site can be opened. On click, the loader turns, ans loads, and loads... But I can't access the parameters. I wanted to fix issues, and to modify my form, but I can't.
Firefox shows me this message : Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #locale-{N}
but I can't figure out what it means.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thank you!
GreyHead 63.3
November 20 2018 #381636
Hi glazweb ,
Difficult to know :-( The error looks as though it comes from the Locales - language files - code. I've not seen problems with that before.
Please take a Form Backup using the icon in the Forms Manager and post it here and we can take a closer look to see if we get the same error.
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
G
glazweb 18
November 20 2018 #381637
Hello GreyHead,
and many thanks for helping.
Here is the backup of the form.
GreyHead 63.3
November 20 2018 #381647
Hi glazweb,
Thank you, so far I've not found the source of the problem. The form restores OK but when I try to edit it I see the same Javascript Error (plus some others about duplicate ids).
I've also unpacked the cfbak file to look at the saved form data but don't see anything obvious there (though I'm not very familiar with the packed version that is saved there). There is only one mention of locale and a few {N}s that all look OK.
I'll scratch my head some more and see if I can spot anything else.
Bob
G
glazweb 18
November 23 2018 #381742
Hello Bob.
Thank you for the time you spent on my problem.
You say you've unpacked the file. How did you proceed ? I could have a look as well, if you give me the method.
Thank you.
G
glazweb 18
November 23 2018 #381744
By the way, can you explain shortly what is N}s ?
I've done a full copy of the whole website (staging). Could it be the cause of the problem ?
Thank you
GreyHead 63.3
November 25 2018 #381778
Hi glazweb,
To open up a backup file you need first to unzip it - you may need to change the file name suffix; then you will find a very long text string. If you base64 decode (there are on-line tools that will do that for you) this you will find something that looks like a very long json-encoded array of data. You can't do much with this directly, but picking through it you can find much of the data used to create your form. It is all there but some is not human readable in any easy way.
The {N} is typically used as a place holder for some form element that multiplies - i.e. the {N} is replaced by 1 , 2, 3, . . .
Bob
G
glazweb 18
November 28 2018 #381840
Hello GreyHead.
You're right : nothing human in the decoded file ^^
I guess I will have to create the form once again...
Many thanks for your help and your expertise.
Best regards