Buy Now
Sign in

Address Lookup

indieben , November 05 at 20:59
I
indieben
Hi, I was wondering how I would go about using the Google Address Lookup to use the API from this site instead (this site has 20 free lookups a day): https://getaddress.io/
I have had a look at the Chronoforms manual but there is no information on how to configure the widget, even if I did have a Google API code and there doesn't seem to be any instructions online. I don't understand how creating all of the boxes manually is going to make it obvious to the user that they need to type their postcode and that they can select from the list of addresses.
Also, how do I go about customising things like "State Name" for UK Addresses that have house number/streetname/town or city/county name.
Many thanks.
healyhatman
You can't use the google address widget with some random site. You will have to follow whatever instructions getaddress.io provides and put it in your form manually.
And what do you mean about "all these boxes" ? You only NEED one input, for the address widget itself. The other inputs can (and should) be hidden. When the user selects a valid address from the dropdown it will split it out into its components and put them in the hidden inputs.
Web developer at SkySpider.com.au
I don't work for ChronoEngine but I do accept donations paypal.me/healyhatman
I
indieben
Thanks for this. It would help if there were some instructions in the manual, however. The Google widget, itself, asks for references to 9 boxes - so that’s what “all these other boxes” means. It’s irritating that it’s hard coded to Google though.
healyhatman
Well Google is overwhelmingly the most popular, and it doesn't make much sense to code for all these other edge cases. You should definitely be able to put in code from any other service on your own though no problem.
The extra fields all have a little thing under them saying they're for the *result*. But I can make up a demo form of how to use it and put it up on my site.
As to number of free lookups per day - with your $200 monthly credit with Google Maps you should be good for 10,000 address lookups for free every month - a little over 300 per day.
Web developer at SkySpider.com.au
I don't work for ChronoEngine but I do accept donations paypal.me/healyhatman