Sign in

Problem saving updates to data from a repeater area

farscape , September 02 at 21:43
Answered
F
farscape
This post builds on this earlier one.​
​​
​This is now a two-section/event form (but it's not a multi-page form). The first section/event captures a survey that consists of volunteer areas with checkboxes. It passes the respondent's ID via URL to the second section/event.​
​​
​The second section loads the responses for that respondent, using the ID passed via URL. The intent is to allow the responded to select his/her top three choices.​
​​
​I have an event switcher in the submit that successfully routes the submit actions of the two events. The submit for the first event works as expected. However, the save_data action in the second event does not seem to do anything. The debugger always shows Array ( ).​
​​
​Clearly I'm missing something.​
​​
​The second section contains area_repeater279, which contains area_fields280. The multi-field area shows two fields, the text of the volunteer area and the checkbox to indicate that this question is a "top 3" choice.
Any help is appreciated.​
​​
​Here is how I've set up the second section and event ...
The fields in the multi-field area_fields280:
02Sept_1.JPG
02Sept_2.JPG
The loop to save the data:
02Sept_4.JPG
The save data:
02Sept_5.JPG
Here are the results:
02Sept_3.JPG
healyhatman
You haven't named your fields correctly. Call them for example
responses[{var:area_repeater#.key}][is-top-3]
Then you will need an event loop, data provider should be {data:responses}. Put the save data in the body of the event loop, data override should look like this
field:{var:loop_event#.row.field}
Web developer at SkySpider.com.au
I don't work for ChronoEngine but I do accept donations paypal.me/healyhatman
F
farscape
Thanks!