Buy Now
Sign in

Problems saving multi-page form

computerconcepts , August 16 at 22:04
C
computerconcepts
I've got a form that I created a couple of years back that I'm having problems making changes to. I made a copy of the form successfully, but when I edit the form and subsequently save the changes, most of the fields are deleted except for the first few on the first page (It's a five page form). The odd thing is that I can go back and add fields, and those are saved. The results are the same, no matter if I do something as simple as just changing the title of the form, or if I go view the properties of an existing field and then save the form.
Another oddity is that if I attempt to view the properties of a field, other than the first three or four on the first page, the properties page is blank. This is before any changes are saved. I've attached a screen shot of what I'm getting. When you exit the property page, the field's text box (or whatever widget you are working with) and the label disappear. The only remaining evidence of the field is the title bar with the element number.
For what it's worth, I tried the same thing with the sample multipage form, and did not have any problems. At first glance, I thought that the problem could be with Apache, because I'm getting 'client denied by server configuration' errors when working with that form. I don't get the errors when working with the sample form, so it leads me to believe it's a problem with the form itself.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
TimFormScreenCapture.png
GreyHead
Hi computerconcepts,
The first think to check is that you have the latest release of CFv5 installed.
You can then try temporarily enabling site Debugging and/or Error Reporting to see if any error messages show up.
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
C
computerconcepts
Bob,
I believe I have the latest version - 5.0.17. There are no updates available when I check.
I've turned on system debugging, but there doesn't appear to be anything useful. Is there another debugging tool that you were thinking of?
Tim
C
computerconcepts
Bob,
Actually, I see that V6 is available. I guess my previous answer would be that I have the latest version 5 installed. If you think that V6 might resolve the issue, I have no problem purchasing the upgrade, assuming that I can migrate my existing forms.
Tim
GreyHead
Hi Tim,
You shouldn't need to switch to CFv6, CFv5 is fine with the current Joomla releases. The upgrade is free if you want to make it.
If you post a form backup here I'll take a look and see if I see the same problem; my best guess is that something in the site admin or server configuration has changed and is blocking some part for the form editor code from loading or displaying.
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
C
computerconcepts
Bob,
Sorry for the slow response. I've been working on this off and on for the past several days. The problem has something to do with our web hosting platform. I suspect that the culprit is probably mod_security in conjunction with the ruleset that we're using (OWASP). We've had to make modifications inthe past to get Joomla to play right. In the end, I set up an environment on Google Cloud services platform, using Plesk as the control panel. I was able to migrate the site to the new platform using Akeeba and make changes to the form without it blowing up. I then backed up the form and restored it on the original platform, and it works fine. Go figure.
Anyway, this works until I can do a full migration to the new platform. Thanks for your help. By the way, I already purchased the V6 product activation codes. Not a big deal. I did see that I won't be able to fully migrate the old form to V6, but what the heck. I need the practice.