Buy Now
Sign in

CF V6 auto generated template

doromi , June 07 at 11:30
D
doromi
Hi,​
​​
​I somehow still have problems with the Chronoforms' V6 auto generated template.​
​​
​I have designed my form as I wanted (fields and order). With "Auto generate on form save" I got the html template.​
​Then I removed the tick for "Autogenerate" and changed the code of the template.​
​Unfortunately the layout does not change... (The code saving works, but the form looks as before.)​
​​
​(Where) is there anything I missed?​
​​
​Thanks for any good idea,​
​​
​regards,​
​​
​Doris​
D
doromi
Hi,
is there anybody out who could explain me what this Chronoforms V6 auto generated template is meant for?
I hoped I could modify the layout of my form once the template IS generated, but my modifications are nowhere to be seen...
I simply don't understand it.
Regards,
Doris
D
doromi
Hi,
stupidly I edited my post from 11 June instead of asking again.
Anybody there who could help me?
Thanks...
Doris
D
DrSmith69
Hi Doris,
I have attempted to make changes to the HTML Template before and was not succesful, the form itself overides any manual changes you place in the HTML template so from my experience there is no way to get that to work from that HTML template.
What are you trying to change? Maybe I can assist you with how to make that change?
D
doromi
Hi DrSmith69,
first of all - thanks for your reply.
I would like to get the width of the form to 70% instead of the default 100%,​
​to be able to put some of my check buttons to the right of other form fields instead of below them.
The form only overrides manual changes if you leave the check button for "Autogenerate on form save" switched on,
but even if it's switched off and you have made changes they nowhere are to be seen.
Pity...
Doris
D
DrSmith69
Ok so I don't know if this will work 100% for what you want to do however it might do the trick,
On Designer Tab (Tab 2) add a Custom CSS, in the custom CSS you can add any CSS you want which will overide the form template.
For example if I want to increase text size etc I can do the following:
.ui.form {​
​ font-family: verdana;​
​ font-size: 20px;​
​}
Remember to ensure you check your element class to ensure you are changing the correct field or element you want changed (Use inspect element on chrome)
D
doromi
Thanks! That's a nice thing to use