Buy Now
Sign in

IPN Documentation?

mobri2a , June 03 at 00:08
M
mobri2a
I'm looking for details on the IPN response from PayPal: how can I access the data returned from PayPal, such as txn_id, to return in an email to the site owner?
GreyHead
Hi mobri2a,
If you are using the PayPal IPN action then the returned data is added to the CF form data and can be accessed and processed from there. Because the action is not visible in the browser, the easiest way to see the data you have to develop your code is to add an email after the action and send yourself the form data.
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
M
mobri2a
Thanks, Bob. To access form data on submission I use {data:varname}. What array is the data stored in by the IPN processing? "data" doesn't work.
H
healyhatman
probably be under {var:paypalactionname} or something
Web developer at SkySpider.com.au
I don't work for ChronoEngine but I do accept donations paypal.me/healyhatman
GreyHead
Hi mobri2a,
I don't know off the top of my head - that's why I suggest sending yourself an email containing the data. I think it will work if you add it after the IPN action - or in the Success/Fail events if you prefer.
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
M
mobri2a
Tried both. Nothing is returned in the email. IPN event, PayPal IPN, success: Email with "Auto add fields data" enabled: nothing is returned other than the HTML in the body.
Also tried in the Canceled event with the same results.