Buy Now
Sign in

Multiplier bugs with radio buttons, validation, mask.

jlundmark , June 01 at 22:29
J
jlundmark
Hi there, I may have run into some bugs.​
​​
​1. When using the multiplier radio fields do not work. They also work fine in regular repeaters with the multiplier option disabled. Checkboxes, etc work fine.​
​​
​2. Validation does not work when the content multiplier option is enabled whether the field has data or not. No problem when the multiplier option is disabled.
3. Mask does not work on multiplied fields, if I set the Data Provider to 4 for example, then it will work on the initial multipliers but not on additional ones. No issue with multiplier disabled.​
​​
​I'd like to at least get the radio buttons and validation figured out, the mask is not as urgent. I'd drop back to CF5 and rebuild but I have quite a bit of time in this now. Maybe I'm missing something.
GreyHead
Hi jlundmark ,
Please post a link to the form so we can take a quick look.
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
J
jlundmark
You can find it below. Notice the radio buttons and how the first name field in the Parent/Guardian section will not validate.
The content here is visible only for authorized users.
J
jlundmark
Hi Bob,​
​​
​Have you had a chance to take a look at the form above? Thanks.
GreyHead
Hi jlundmark,
There is something wrong with the element naming - you are getting names like name="group1[{"key":"1"}]" which is illegal HTML.
Not sure why the {"key":"1"} part isn't being replaced by a number - maybe the quotes in there are a problem?
Bob
J
jlundmark
Thanks, that helped me look into issues with the naming.​
​​
​It looks like I was missing ".key" in the field names which was causing some issues with the radio buttons.​
​​
​Also, setting the ID and Name to the same value solved the validation issue.​
​​
​The mask still doesn't seem to be working so I may be missing something else.
GreyHead
Hi jlundmark,
I suspect that the mask doesn't work because the code is activated when the page loads and at that point the extra multiplier inputs don't exist.
If you ask Max (the owner and developer) using the Contact menu above he may be able to add some code to check for and add masks when the 'Add' button is clicked.
Bob
PS You might try a datepicker set to show years when opened - but I'm not sure if that will work correctly in a repeater.