Buy Now
Sign in

CFv6 times out when exporting

sjkelley , May 30 at 17:40
S
sjkelley
I have a site at https://www.mission-bbq.com that has two CFv6 forms. When I try to export their database tables Chronoforms times out. The browser tab title changes to "Unable To Serve This Request" and the page displays the message below.​
​​
​The tables are approx. 2MB and 4MB in size respectively -- so they're not tremendously large. I contacted my hosting provider (Liquid Web) and had them change "max_execution_time" from 30 seconds (the default value) to 600 seconds but that did not fix the problem.​
​​
​Is this is a known issue? What is the fix for it?​
​​
screencapture-mission-bbq-administrator-index-php-2018-05-30-13_34_56.png
GreyHead
Hi sjkelley,
This is not a 'known problem' but is almost certainly a server setting. The server logs might give you a clue.
It might be a problem with server memory if you are building the export file in memory; saving the file to the server and then exporting it can get round this problem.
Does the export work if you LIMIT to export to a smaller number of rows - trying a small part of the table will let you check that the process is working.
If you are exporting to Excel then there is a nice MySQL plug-in for Excel that might do the job if Liquid Web allow remote access.
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
S
sjkelley
re: server memory...​
​I don't know if it is being built in memory first or not. I am just clicking the "Export" button in CF -- so whatever it does by default is what I'm doing. I did just check and "memory_limit" is currently set to 128M.​
​​
​re: export with limited number of rows...​
​Yes, it works when I limit the export.​
​​
​re: Excel plugin...​
​Oh I am able to (and have been) going into phpMyAdmin to export the tables directly to CSV and/or Excel. However my client (the owner of the site) doesn't understand MySQL and has never used phpMyAdmin, etc. -- so they simply want to be able to click the "Export" button within CF.​
​​
​* * *

​Thanks for your input. I'm going to have Liquid Web increase "memory_limit" to the maximum. Hopefully that will correct the issue.
GreyHead
Hi sjkelley,
Yes, CFv6 will be trying to build the file in memory - I just checked the code to make sure.
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
S
sjkelley
Thanks for the clarification!
S
sjkelley
Hmm... Sadly, no luck. I checked the error logs and found:​
​​
​PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /mnt/target04/863082/www.mission-bbq.com/web/content/libraries/cegcore2/libs/arr.php(89)​
​​
​I then went in and changed the values in .htaccess so that:​
​​
​memory_limit = 512M​
​maximum_execution_time = 30​
​​
​... but it's still timing out. Any other likely culprits you can think of settings-wise?
admin
Hi,
If you do not select any records to export then all the table records will be exported, if you have a lot of records then it will take a lot of time and memory and you will get an error, so you will need to export fewer records.
Best regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!