Buy Now
Sign in

ReCaptcha not working on iOS

baxterdown , May 08 at 11:10
Answered
baxterdown
Hello, good morning.
ReCaptcha v2 stopped working on the form in this page: http://dixiecycleinc.com/sell-us-your-bike. The ReCaptcha works OK on Android and Windows desktop (we haven't tested MacOS, we'll do that later today and update this thread).
Here are steps to reproduce the issue:
- Complete the form
- Attach the three the images (all images are required)
- Click on the ReCaptcha (You will get the green checkmark)
- Click submit to submit the form
- The form doesn't submit. You get an error that says "The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Please try again."
I thought there might be something wrong with the keys and generated new ones with Google. But that didn't solve the problem.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Jose
baxterdown
UPDATE: It occurred to me that we were not testing with the same images. So I ran a quick test by using the same photos I took with my iPhone and attaching them to the form on my desktop (Windows 10). I got the incorrect reCaptcha error.
I am using an iPhone X and took the photos with the phone. I just noticed that each file is 9.6MB. That makes the three files 27MB. The form is setup to run through Microsoft Exchange (both sender and recipient), which supports up to 150MB of file attachments so I know that is not the issue. But, I just noticed that the server max upload is set to 10MB. Could that be it?
baxterdown
UPDATE #2: I increased the max file upload on the server to 75MB. Here are the new issues:
- The form hangs and crashes the website on Windows
- On iOS I get this error "Sorry. Your uploaded file type is not allowed."
Please advice.
Thanks!
Jose
GreyHead
Hi Jose,
There was - and may still be - a problem with multiple file uploads from IoS devices. Please see Please see this FAQ.
When I tested with some small images from Chrome the form appears to submit OK.
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
baxterdown
Hi Bob, I added the code but it's still not working. The form submits ok, but the images are not attached. I get the file type error.
Indeed, small files are no problem. I tested windows and android with small files and no problem. The issues seems to be with large files and with iOS (two separate problems).
I dropped the custom code in OnSubmit right above Files Upload.
I was just reading about iOS 11's new image file format (HEIC) and how when it shares images it does so as JPEG file format. I went ahead and added jpeg to the file format allowed on the form but still got the error. Just to confirm, I have the file format setup to: Valid file types: jpg, png, jpeg -- please not I have all in lower case and there is a space after the comma separating each file format. Please let me know if spaces are ok and if there is a different in upper and lower case (i.e. jpg vs JPG).
What should I try next? Would you like me to provide you with Joomla CP access?
Best,
Jose
GreyHead
Hi Jose,
From memory, there is a difference between upper and lower case so please try adding JPEG,jpeg, . . .
Bob
baxterdown
Bob, just to confirm, I'm not going to put spaces in between the commas right?
Jose
GreyHead
Hi Jose,
That is correct, I don't think that CFv5 can cope with the spaces.
Bob
baxterdown
Hi Bob, nothing. I changed the file format to read: Valid file types: jpg,JPG,png,PNG,jpeg,JPEG and I'm still getting the file type error.
How about the space between the column and jpg? Should it be ...types:jpg... ?
Jose
baxterdown
WAIT! I'm an idiot!!!
I was changing the file type in the form's design tooltip LOL! For future info, the file format is located in the form setup inside Files Upload and should be formatted like this:
photo_01:jpg-png-jpeg-JPG-PNG-JPEG where "photo_01" is the field's name.
Once I changed it in the setup and added the upper case variations, the form submitted ok.
CASE CLOSED!
Jose