Buy Now
Sign in

Validation cancels when using Dropdown Field Event

har7801 , May 08 at 07:24
H
har7801
Form generates correctly with required field and error messages, until you use a Field Event in a dropdown. Once a element identifier is added it cancels all the required parameters for all fields.
I also cant get the event to work correctly. I can't get a text area box to hide using the hidden in the attributes field, it only hides the text box and not the title. Then I can't get it to either show or hide in any order.
This is only in CCv6, works great in CFv6
H
har7801
Capture.JPG
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG
(89.84 KiB)
45 Downloads/Views
GreyHead
Hi har7801,
It sounds as though there might be a JavaScript error showing up - do you see anything in the browser console?
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
H
har7801
No erros are showing, and the form presents well except for those issues mentioned. All the inputs have a required attribute that gets dropped and you can see the issues heading but not the field. I have hidden in the extras for that. Remove the Element Identifier and the required comes back, but the hidden thing is still a prob. And I cant set up the show for the field event.
Settings and results pictured.Settings.JPG
Results.JPG
Inspect.JPG
Attachments
Settings.JPG
Settings.JPG
(92.97 KiB)
42 Downloads/Views
Results.JPG
Results.JPG
(40.31 KiB)
39 Downloads/Views
Inspect.JPG
Inspect.JPG
(136.1 KiB)
42 Downloads/Views
H
har7801
Found this?
Error.JPG
Attachments
Error.JPG
Error.JPG
(58.01 KiB)
40 Downloads/Views
GreyHead
Hi har7801,
That would explain the vanishing validations. But doesn't help locate the source. Please post or PM a link to the form so I can take a quick look.
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
H
har7801
PM Sent