Buy Now
Sign in

Sending Parameters form a Joomla Modul to Chronoforms5

supermoto24 , April 28 at 09:01
S
supermoto24
Hello,
I hope anybody can help me.
I'm trying to send parameters (file URL, e-mailadress) from a Joomla modul to a form (Chronoform V5).
The modul shows an akkordeon where in the first akkordeon body the form (one of four which where selected in the akkordeon modul) is placed (the form comes via an modul position which is placed in the chronoforms form modul).
In the akkordeon modul the user (backend) can choose an target e-mailadress (send to the company to inform) and a file for the frontenduser to download after sending the chronoform form. Now my problem is to give the chronoform form modul these two parameters from the akkordeon modul.
Thanx!
GreyHead
Hi supermoto24,
I'm sorry but I don't understand this clearly enough to reply. ​
I assume that an akkordeon is a select drop-down; but what is the Joomla Module you are using? Why not use a form to make the selection?
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
S
supermoto24
Hi Bob,
thanx for the replay. I'll try to give the user the opportunity to get an Download PDF after filling out a form with his data. The akkordeon modul is developed by my self an in one of the akkordeon bodies is the form placed. The editor has got the opportunity to choose in my modul which form will be placed, wich donload PDF should be served and where (inside company) an Email shoould be send to to give a hint that someone has used the application.
Technical it is one modul for the editor where can do his settings (including PDF and e-mailadress), four modules (mod_chronoforms5) with the different forms for the different targetgroups which will be served. To connect the four mod_chronoforms5 moduls with my modul I am using unique modul positions, whichh I call up by my modul). The Problem is for me to get the two Informations (parameter; PDF file path and target e-mailadress) form my modul to the selected form.
Sorry for my bad english. I'll hope i explained my problem better.
Steve
GreyHead
Hi Steve,
If you can add identifying parameters to the URL used to load the form they will be read by ChronoForms and can be used to modify the content of the form.
Bob
S
supermoto24
Hello Bob,
I do not think this is possible, because I am loading the form into my modul before rendering the frontend (website). Or do I missunderstood your hint? Is there a chance to give share these parameters between the moduls before rendering the frontend? May I give a URL to view the stuff via PM?
Thanx, Steve
GreyHead
Hi Steve,
I really don't understand what you are doing or why - if you aren't using a URL to load the form then I think you have to use JavaScript to get the variables and set them in hidden form inputs.
Bob
S
supermoto24
Hi Bob,
thank you for your patience and advice. I'll try the JavaScript thing.
Steve