Buy Now
Sign in

Load values into fields in a repeater area

rtobias , March 02 at 20:11
R
rtobias
Hi. I'm trying to figure out how to load data dynamically into a repeater area. I'm loading JSON data from a curl request that I want in input fields so someone can update values and save them again.
I have the keys working where my labels for First Name will be "billingAddress First Name" and "shippingAddress First Name" by using "{var:area_repeater5.key} First Name". Normally, to load values I would probably use {vars:getBillingAddressFirstName} or {data:addresses.billingAddress.FirstName}, but I don't know if there is a way to {var:area_repeater5.key} inside of my {data:} reference. Addresses are my simple case where there are only two, but another part of the json could contain an array of 1-100 sets of data (usually less than 20).
I have the following already:​
    [getAddresses] => Array
(
[returned] => Array
(
[billingAddress] => Array
(
[FirstName] => MyFirstName
[LastName] => MyLastName
[Address1] => 555 Somewhere Drive
[Address2] =>
[city] => Somewhere
[CompanyName] => My Company 02
[PhoneNumber] => (555) 555-5555
[postalCode] => 55555
[state] => PA
[country] => US
)

[shippingAddress] => Array
(
[LastName] => MyLastName
[Address1] => 555 Somewhere Way
[Address2] =>
[city] => Somewhere
[postalCode] => 55555
[state] => PA
[country] => US
)

)

[var] => Array
(
[billingAddress] => Array
(
[FirstName] => Randy
[LastName] => MyL
[Address1] => 555 Somewhere Drive
[Address2] =>
[city] => Here
[postalCode] => 55555
[state] => PA
[country] => US
)

[shippingAddress] => Array
(
[LastName] => MyLastName
[Address1] => 555 Somewhere Way
[Address2] =>
[city] => Here
[postalCode] => 55555
[state] => PA
[country] => US
)

)

)

[getAddressesKeys] => Array
(
[returned] => Array
(
[0] => billingAddress
[1] => shippingAddress
)

[var] => Array
(
[0] => billingAddress
[1] => shippingAddress
)

)
Randy
admin
Hi Randy,
You can use a PHP function before the "Display section" to alter the data received by curl and set it into a new variale which you can use as the data provider for the repeater.
Best regards
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
R
rtobias
Hi Max,
I have all of the data already. Where I am kind of stuck is even if I have the data provider of the repeater area set to {data:addresses}, I don't know how to get the values in the text fields. I have just updated to make sure that I'm on the latest version.
My setup is:
[Page1]
|-->text field (variable used with curl to get values
[Page2]​
​|--fieldset area
|--> repeater area
|--> text field
For my actions, basically on my first page submit, I get make my curl request and process the response. I do multipage actions everywhere and I use the addresses on the second page, so I have it before that display action.
I actually have almost exclusively been using php because not sure how to use the curl action properly.
Randy