Buy Now
Sign in

Please help again

dhuizinga1 , February 26 at 21:55
Answered
D
dhuizinga1
Hi fo lks... I had width ccv5 enough problem to learn some basics.. and now will i give it a try again with v6..
but I can't find where to start to make a simpel tabel wich i can make, edit, delete record.. .
And i cant find the tutorials where AND how to start,
sorry i am a newbie... agian
live your dream, do not dream your life
GreyHead
Hi dhuizinga1,
Please see here
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
D
dhuizinga1
Wooooow, what a complex material...
i'll think i',m gonna look furher.... this his higher rocket science...
thanx for you response but this is to diffcult for non programmers
greetings
dirk
D
dhuizinga1
Thnx Bob,
I could make a basic listing with Part 1 and Part 2.. Part 3 en Part 4 I skipper for now...
So I come to part 5, Customizing a field value in the listing..
whatever i do.... and i really tried over and over at least 30 times.. and for so far I know I do exactly what is written down but without results.
I even analysed the example database articile list.. . but i don't get it what i'm doing wrong.
When i do this step by step.. the result is that de table title disappears.
Do you have an hint/clue where i'm going wring..
D
dhuizinga1
Sorry.. i didn't read the txt good enough
D
dhuizinga1
Hi Bob or ???,
Many many hour I spend to these turtorias... and finally I got a basic list from several sportclubs.I can add a club and I can sort the list....
The result from a whole sunday trying... over and over again :-) But that that doesnt matter. I gotta list :-)
pic01.jpg
But now I want to load a single record data and I thought I was doing Part 5 & 6..
When I move my mouse over an ID then you can see this ID is an parameter in the link I would to be display. In this example ID 2
pic02.jpg
But when I click nothing happens.. I don't receive an error or something. I don't get it and do not understand exactly what happens now.
In Pic 4 I made a new function called "read_club" and model name "club".. I made a connection to the table and I set a Where condition.. The Data setting I set on the option "First matching record" . See pics below:
pic04.jpg
pic05.jpg
In my Events Views I set te following:
pic06.jpg
And guess what happens?
Nothing. Blank screen... With the text of part 5 and 6 is my result zero.. but maybe I am word blind or something... but i didnt see where i am going wrong...
Who can help me to fix so or helps me to understand this... so i can further with the turtos
thnx thnx thnx in advance
Dirk
Attachments
pic01.jpg
pic01.jpg
(28.7 KiB)
99 Downloads/Views
pic02.jpg
pic02.jpg
(13.77 KiB)
101 Downloads/Views
pic03.jpg
pic03.jpg
(55.83 KiB)
65 Downloads/Views
pic04.jpg
pic04.jpg
(89.83 KiB)
63 Downloads/Views
pic05.jpg
pic05.jpg
(54.44 KiB)
91 Downloads/Views
pic04.jpg
pic04.jpg
(89.83 KiB)
96 Downloads/Views
pic06.jpg
pic06.jpg
(23 KiB)
91 Downloads/Views
GreyHead
Hi dhuizinga1 ,
In the URL you have &club_aid_=+2 - I think that the second _ and the + are a part of the problem that you are having but I don't see where they are coming from.
Bob
D
dhuizinga1
Hi Bob,
A very sharp notice..... In my club_view_link I used the folowing at URL and/or URL parameters: club_aid = {var:table1.row.sportclub.aid}. Look around space before and after the =-sign. I change this in URL and/or URL parameters club_aid={var:table1.row.sportclub.aid}. It seems that this have a possitive effect to the problem. But for now it isn't the solution. The link looks now as follow:
link.jpg
the space and +-sign are fixed but by clicking returns this in no result and a blank screen without an error. Like I describe this earlier. So I must look further...
Attachments
link.jpg
link.jpg
(10.31 KiB)
53 Downloads/Views
link.jpg
link.jpg
(10.31 KiB)
81 Downloads/Views
GreyHead
Hi dhuizinga1,
A blank page is often a sign of a PHP error, please set site Error Reporting temporarily to Maximum and see if you see a more helpful message.
Bob
D
dhuizinga1
Hi Bob,
i don't know where i can change this settings in Joomla... Besides... I try part 5 and 6 over again... and now I totally lost my link. So this becomes a new puzzle to find this issuse before i can go further. Customizing a field value in the listing.. hmmm..
Jezus, what a difficult issue.. and this is basic? My goodness... and this is just the beginning for what i want... Maybe I can better stop for a couple of weeks before I gonna frustrate myself. ...
so... i start it over again
D
dhuizinga1
Hi Bob,
When you keep trying.. there comes a day to be succesvol...
I did it...
the first 6 parts of the tutor... .works...
is there an following up after part six...
i can display a a singel record now.. but how can i changes this record and is ther possibillity to delete when needed?
thxnx again
dirk