Buy Now
Sign in

Attach uploaded file to email

neveryonas@shaw.ca , February 10 at 19:36
N
neveryonas@shaw.ca
Hi,
I am using Chronoforms 6. I am trying to attach a word doc to the email that goes out to the user upon registration. I have uploaded the file to my server, and followed the instructions on the support documentation that says you can provide the full path to the file.
It does not seem to work or I am missing something.
I have tried the full URL, just the path and {path:front}/forms/English_credit_ card_ charge_form.docx which returns the following:
The debugger says the mail could not be sent.
[files] => Array​
​ (​
​ [0] => /home3/mydomain/public_html/components/com_chronoforms6/chronoforms/forms/English_credit_ card_ charge_form.docx​
​ )​
​​
​ [result] => the Mail could not be sent.​
​ [var] => ​
​ )
Any idea what I am doing wrong? Do I need to something additional?
Cheers
admin
Hi neveryonas,
If the mail is not sent then there is no way to know if the file is attached or not except by checking the debug, what you need to do in v6 to attach a file on the server to the email is to add the file path in the "Attachments" box in the email settings:
full/server/path/to/file
Does the email work without the file ?
Best regards
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
N
neveryonas@shaw.ca
Thanks for you reply. Yes the email works fine without the file. The full server path is /home3/bonsaibc/public_html/components/com_chronoforms6/chronoforms/forms/English_credit_ card_ charge_form.docx
I'm not sure I understand when you say : "what you need to do in v6 to attach a file on the server to the email is not add the file path in the "Attachments" box in the email settings"
Where am I supposed to add it?
admin
Hi neveryonas,
That was a typo and I have fixed it, sorry!
Just copy and paste the full file patch under Setup > Email > Attachments list
Let me know if you can not find it
Best regards
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!