Buy Now
Sign in

Updating Record in Table

vividal , February 05 at 15:49
Answered
V
vividal
I am trying to update a field in a record in a table based on one of the fields in the form. I have changed the "write action" to Update but when I add the update condition nothing is written to the table/field. If I leave the update condition blank, the field I want to update gets updated for ALL records in the table (definitely not what I want). I am thinking my syntax is wrong. Can someone please look at it and let me know.​
V
vividal

Attachments
Field-Seed.jpg
Field-Seed.jpg
(70.58 KiB)
69 Downloads/Views
Field-Team_id.jpg
Field-Team_id.jpg
(113.6 KiB)
69 Downloads/Views
Save_Action.jpg
Save_Action.jpg
(138.22 KiB)
64 Downloads/Views
write-debug.jpg
write-debug.jpg
(128.84 KiB)
72 Downloads/Views
admin

Hi vividal,

{Teams.team_id} has no value, you have a field named team_id and so you may want to use {data:team_id} to reference the value of that field!

Best regards

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
V
vividal

I just tried TDT.team_id:{data.team_id} as an Update Condition and that doesnt change the record either. any other thoughts?

admin

Hi vividal,

A debugger after the "Save data" should show you the SQL command executed, you can then change it accordingly, or post it here.

Best regards

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
admin

Hi vividal,

A debugger after the "Save data" should show you the SQL command executed, you can then change it accordingly, or post it here.

Best regards

Max
admin

Hi vividal,

Best regards

Max
V
vividal

thx for the debug after Save Data. I have debugs all over but never occured to me to put one there. I figured out the issue.