Buy Now
Sign in

basic listing, where does article_id comes from in id:{data:article_id} ?

jcm69 , February 01 at 20:51
Answered
J
jcm69

Hi all !

when filtering readings of a DB or in Delete Conditions of deletions, I see

id:{data:article_id}

but article_id is not a column of the #__content table ? Where does it come from ? I know it works, I use it for another table but I don't undertand how it works. And I don't like that !

Does it have something to do with a URL ? This is another thing I don't undertand. In the "FAQ" :

Now only the published articles will be displayed whenever the list is loaded, but what if we want to ​
​change the the state value based on a URL (link) parameter, we can do this easily by updating the ​
​line we have just added: Article.state:{data:published}

where does this published param comes from ? What URL are we speaking about ? Where can I find it ?

Please help me :'-(

jc

admin

Hi jc,

Whenever there is {data:something} then "something" should be either passed in the url to the page OR a form field name and the form was submitted to the current page.

Best regards

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
J
jcm69

Got it (I hope) : the URL that calls the delete_article function, is the one defined in the article_delete_link view (in the URL Field) that calls the delete event :

.../index.php?option=com_chronoconnectivity6&cont=manager&conn=basic_list_article&article_id=3&event=delete

(edit : in the line above, article_id=3 was ligne_id=3 in my first post, hence Max's response below, sorry).

This URL is defined in the article_delete_link view by : ​

article_id={var:articles_list.row.Article.id}

Not sure for the from yet. I will investigate but not today. It's Sunday !

admin

Hi jc,

Great, so in according to this url you would need to use {data:ligne_id} where you reference the record id

Best regards,

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
J
jcm69

Hi Max,

damned I tried to change all my personal stuff (ligne is my implementation of article in the basic article listing example) but forgot this one ! I'll try to edit for people to have real help...

Thanks,​
​jc​