Buy Now
Sign in

mixed identifiers for events problem

emmexx , January 24 at 07:09
Answered
E
emmexx
From the docs and faqs it is not clear what should be the content of the identifier property in the event tab.
I mean that if you enter just one identifier everything works as expected but if you mix different selectors the events are not triggered or are triggered depending on the selectors.
I tried an enable validation or a hide event for a calendar and a checkboxes group. I tried:

- mycheckboxes,mycalendar
- mycheckboxes
  • ,mycalendar
    - mycheckboxes,#mycalendar
    - mycheckboxes
  • ,#mycalendar
    - mycalendar,mycheckboxes
    - mycalendar,mycheckboxes

• - #mycalendar,mycheckboxes
    - #mycalendar,mycheckboxes

• and other variations I don't remember. I had to separate the events, one for the checkboxes group and one for the calendar.

I tried to debug the js code that parses the identifiers but I'm not sure I understand the meaning and probably the code is incomplete.

If the separation of the selectors is by design, it should be written in the docs and in the identifier tooltip.

bye
    maxx
    admin

Hi maxx,

You can target multiple elements by adding different selectors in multiple lines, example:

#id_field_1​
    ​.filed2_class​
    ​field3_name

Best regards

Max
    If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
    ​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!