Buy Now
Sign in

Text added to email body

emmexx , January 19 at 18:43
E
emmexx
I use an email fn to send notification or confirmation messages.
In the Body field I put very simple things like the return value of a Save data or the values entered in a Contact form I created.
Things like:

Name: {data:name}

or

{user:username}
{var/pr:publish_event}

But in the emails I receive there's some extra html code whose origin I can't identify. The code is always the same for the same fn, I mean the extra code added to the email notification when saving a record is always the same but it's different from the extra code added to the email notification when publishing a record.
In one case the extra code seems to be part of a search form where you are redirected after saving the record, For the other emails I don't know.

<table width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="3" border="0" class="ui table"><tr><td width="30%" valign="top" align="right"><strong>Events up to...</strong></td><td width="70%" valign="top" align="left"></td></tr><tr><td width="30%" valign="top" align="right"><strong>Title, Description,...</strong></td><td width="70%" valign="top" align="left"></td></tr><tr><td width="30%" valign="top" align="right"><strong>Category</strong></td><td width="70%" valign="top" align="left">A category</td></tr></table>

Any suggrestion?

maxx
admin
Hi maxx,

It depends, maybe you have this code inside one of the vars ? what names did you give to your actions ?

Best regards
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
E
emmexx
"admin":

It depends, maybe you have this code inside one of the vars ? what names did you give to your actions ?

I don't think there is something in the vars I put in the email body. If it was like that the content wouldn't be at the end of the body.

The names of the actions are like email_iscrizione or email_scrivente_conferma.

The strange thing is that the problem happens in 2 different connections.
In one of the connections the email is sent when creating or updating a record.
The index page has a form to filter records and a table to list records (edit, delete, view and so on).
Some week ago the search form had only 2 fields and in the email notification there were only the labels and the (empty) content of those 2 fields.
Then I added 2 other fields to the search form and those 2 fields appeared in the notification emails too. That's pretty odd.

Thank you
maxx
E
emmexx
This is the output of the debugger of one of the email fn:

Array
(
[cont] => manager
[conn] => calendario
[event] => send_iscrizione
[tvout] => view
[iscrizione-form] => Array
(
[counter] => 0
)

[_counter] => 0
[nome] => maxx
[email_richiesta] => myemail@example.com
[messaggio] => prova
[richiesta] => iscrizione
[titolo] => A title
[data_inizio] => 2018-02-15
[contatto] => other@example.com
[option] => com_chronoconnectivity6
[view] => connection
[Itemid] => 268
)

Array
(
[email_iscrizione] => Array
(
[recipients] => Array
(
[0] => other@example.com
)

[subject] => EmaIL SUBJECT
[body] => <p>Richiesta iscrizione da parte di <strong>maxx</strong> <a href="mailto:myemail@example.com">myemail@example.com</a>.</p>
<h4>Evento del 15-02-2018</a></h4>
<h4>Testo del messaggio</h4>
<p>prova</p>
<hr />
<p>Questa è un'email automatica che ti è stata inviata perché sei uno degli organizzatori dell'evento indicato sopra (o sei la segreteria). Non rispondere a questo messaggio.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

<table width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="3" border="0" class="ui table"><tr><td width="30%" valign="top" align="right"><strong>Testo</strong></td><td width="70%" valign="top" align="left"></td></tr></table>
[from_name] => no-reply@example.com
[from_email] => no-reply@example.com
[bcc] => Array
(
[0] => webmaster@example.com
)

[result] => the Mail sent successfully.
[var] => 1
)

[email_scrivente_conferma] => Array
(
[recipients] => Array
(
[0] => myemail@example.com
)

[subject] =>EmaIL SUBJECT
[body] => <h2>Conferma ricezione richiesta iscrizione</h2>
<p>Ti confermiamo che abbiamo ricevuto la tua richiesta e la abbiamo inoltrata alla persona che gestisce l'evento (uno degli organizzatori o la segreteria).
<p>Richiesta iscrizione da parte di <strong>maxx</strong> <a href="mailto:myemail@example.com">myemail@example.com</a>.</p>
<h4>Evento del 15-02-2018</a></h4>
<h4>Testo del messaggio</h4>
<p>prova</p>
<hr />
<p>Questa è un'email automatica, non rispondere.<br />Se hai bisogno di contattare nuovamente gli organizzatori utilizza il pulsante Iscriviti presente nella pagina dell'evento.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

<table width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="3" border="0" class="ui table"><tr><td width="30%" valign="top" align="right"><strong>Testo</strong></td><td width="70%" valign="top" align="left"></td></tr></table>
[from_name] => no-reply@example.com
[from_email] => no-reply@example.com
[result] => the Mail sent successfully.
[var] => 1
)

)
admin

Hi maxx,

I think the extra code is the result of the "Auto add fields" setting in the email action, this setting is useful in Chronoforms where the form fields are usually included in the email body automatically, but not in Connectivity, Please disable it and try ?

Best regards

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
E
emmexx

Where is the option to disable it? ;-)

thank you

maxx

p.s. OT: is there a new version of chronoforums installed? The button to reply quoting a previous post is not where it used to be and when I tried to paste it manually a sort of box with the text appeared inside the textarea of the editor.​

admin
Hi maxx,
The setting is in the Email action settings, it does not appear in Connectivity but its enabled by default, I will make it appear in the next update in order to be able toe disable it.
Yes, there is a new Chronoforums update installed with a new rich text editor, the paste is not working very well yet but I'm working on that!
Best regards
Max
admin
Well, the setting is now set to be disabled when you use Connectivity, but it will stay hidden to avoid confusion, which means that you will need to either disable the "Email field" setting in the field itself OR create a new email function and use it instead after the new update!
Max