Buy Now
Sign in

Adding placeholder text to CFv6 select field

sjkelley , January 11 2018
S
sjkelley
I am trying to add placeholder text (e.g. "Please Select") to the select fields on a CFv6 form I have on my site. See - https://mission-bbq.com/get-estimate

Right now I'm using an empty option ("=Please Select") in the field options. The problem with that is that that label then appears again in the actual drop down list.

I've attached screenshots showing the front-end and CF settings.

How can I add placeholder text to a select field in CFv6?
Attachments
please-select.png
please-select.png
(334.99 KiB)
256 Downloads/Views
cf-select.png
cf-select.png
(98.32 KiB)
226 Downloads/Views
admin
Hi sjkelley,

Yes, the first option is used as a placeholder and the dropdown can be reset to that option if needed.

A new setting can be added to configure a placeholder if needed, let me know if this is important for you and I can send you a patch file after its ready.

Best regards
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
S
sjkelley
Max,

Thanks. Yes, a "Placeholder" setting would be very useful to me (and I'm sure many others). Please do send me a patch file once that is created.
S
solida12
Hi, may i know is this patch ready? cause i am facing the same problem when trying to create a dropdown with an empty field placeholder (without label).
T
tshirley
This is a problem for me also, I need a reliable placeholder in dropdown fields so that the user must make a selection from the valid options.
Thanks
Tim