Buy Now
Sign in

plugin loses css after reload

MAIN , January 02 at 17:30
M
MAIN
After I save the content the first time it will show the form correct with all css and styles.... If I reload the page again, every CSS seems to be lost. Also the button to "send" does not work anymore and the validation too ...

If I save the content again in joomla backend it will start again ... first time correct ... next reload layout is "crashed" ...

Preview of crashed layout
GreyHead
Hi MAIN ,

There is no sign of the ChronoForms CSS and JS files being loaded when I refresh the page. I can only assume that some server setting is blocking them. Do you have caching enabled? Or a custom .htaccess file? or a CSS/JSS compression plug-in?

Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
M
MAIN
I thought so too ... now I disabled caching ... yesterday I thought there had been no differences ... but currently now it is working ...
does CF6 is not working with any kind of caching ??
GreyHead
Hi MAIN,

Caching shouldn't normally be a problem with CSS or JavaScript - though I'm not certain how CFv6 handles those files as they seem to have names with random strings in them.

Cacing is a problem with some forms of Captcha where they rely on a newly created 'check value'.

Bob
M
MAIN
Okay ... so I have to disable caching

I have another question too ....
How can I change the Names of the Months and Days if I'm using the date picker ? Also I would like to change the Timesettings to 24h mode ?
I searched the forum but I only found a post that is now a 404 and another post with a "date-picker variables" field which is not available ...
GreyHead
Hi MAIN,

You can change the names of Months and Days using the Extra Attributes box on the Advanced tab e.g.
data-days:S, M, D, M, D, F, S
data-monthsShort:Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Mai, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Okt, Nov, Dez
data-months:Januar, Februar, März, April, Mai, Juni, Juli, August, September, Oktober, November, Dezember

I don't see any way to change the time selector to 24-hour time :-(

Bob
M
MAIN
I currently use it for the next page ... and again ... as soon as I switch to "caching" ... the form gets fracked ...

Am I the only one using cache ???
GreyHead
Hi MAIN,

Caching should not cause problems with ChronoForms (except that it breaks some Captchas). It appears that for some reason the cache is not working correctly if the CF files are not being re-loaded. Can you disable caching for forms pages?

Bob