Buy Now
Sign in

min/max length of numbers validation

arcteam , November 08 at 08:36
a
arcteam

Hi, we are using chronoforms on our website created with Joomla (current version 3.82). Since the last update of Joomla the form always complains about fields with numbers in it. I made a textfield and created a validation for a Number and max/min length. As example "Postleitzahl" should have 5 digits. But this is not working anymore after updating Joomla or CF. Here is the link: https://aktionkultursozial.de/index.php/spenden

GreyHead

Hi arcteam,

I don't see a MaxLength rule there at all? Have you removed it?

There are quite a lot of JavaScript warnings on the page - does the form work from the View Form link?

If you want to ensure five digits then an Input Mask might well be a better way to set that up.

Bob

ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much

a
arcteam

I disabled the the max/min length validation for a quick test, but right i enabled it again for "Postleitzahl". Maybe you can this again.

GreyHead

Hi arcteam,

The error messages aren't very helpful but it seems to me to work correctly. I get an error if the string is more or less than five digits.

As I said before an Input Mask might be more helpful to the user.

Bob

ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much

a
arcteam

Thanks for checking again. The problem is that i get this error even when there are ecactly five digits in the described field. So the form cannot be sent even when the input is like i defined.

admin

Hi,

There was a small glitch in the min/max validations but this has been fixed in the latest update, did you apply that ?

Best regards

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!

a
arcteam

I did change the validation method and also used an input mask at a few fields.
This was working and is after the latest update.
thank you for the feedback