Buy Now
Sign in

I receive mails with all fields empty

WoodyF4u , October 20 at 10:15
WoodyF4u

I'm using Chronoforms v5 for a multi page form.
At the first page I ask the visitor for the personal infiormation.
All fields are set as required.
At the next page they add some extra information and then the can click on the Send button.

Sinds a couple of months I receive emails with all fields are empty.
When I try it myself to submit the form it is not possible, cause the fieldsof the first page are all required.
It seemds a bot can break trough this first security and can 'hit' the submitbutton at the next page.

I have read about the Server validation.
So I have added that to the Setup tab in the On submit.
I added the fieldnames of all required fields of the first page in the Not Empty.

For test I have set one field at the first page to Not required but it is still part of the server validation.
When I test the form I see the error that some fields are empty, but it is possible to hit the Submit button at the next page.

What can I do to fix it?

Best regards,
Wouter
The Netherlands

r
r.phillips

This exact same thing is happening to me. I am receiving emails of a blank form even when all fields are required. I also cannot duplicate this "blank" form myself.

Looking for a solution.

GreyHead

Hi,

Adding ServerSide validation is the answer in both cases. To have the validation work you need to have an Event Loop action in the pink On Fail box - otherwise it does nothing useful.

Serverside validation will not prevent the form from submitting - it runs on the server after submission; only client-side validation can do that.

Bob

ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much

WoodyF4u

Thanks GreyHead for your quick reply.
As I wrote, I did add the Server Validation.
I did not wrote about the loop, but it was added to the form.
You can see what i have done in attachment 1
And I have added the fieldnames as you can see in attachement 2.
This is the form: https://nieuweakker.nl/proefabonnement.html?view=form

For test I have set the field Telefoonnummer as not required.
When I fill all the fields and leave the field Telefoonnummer empty, the next page will be viiible.
That is strange. I hoped the form should stop there with an error message about the empty field.

Attachments
chronoforms-server-validation-1.png
chronoforms-server-validation-1.png
(37.39 KiB)
50 Downloads/Views
chronoforms-server-validation-2.png
chronoforms-server-validation-2.png
(25.22 KiB)
45 Downloads/Views

Best regards,
Wouter
The Netherlands

GreyHead

Hi Wouter,

ChronoForms runs the actions in the order they are in the event so you need the ServerSide validation to be *before* the HTML (render form) action - usually it will be just after any anti-spam Check action.

Bob

ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much

WoodyF4u

Thanks Bob,
That solved my issue.

Now I have to wait and see if the empty emails are history ;)

Best regards,
Wouter
The Netherlands

g
graftedin

Validation for check boxes doesn't seem to work. Not a big deal and I really don't need server side validation. Will just having the server side validation turned on with out any fields being validated fix the empty fields in the email?

admin

Hi grafetedin,

in v5 no, but in v6 there is a "Validate fields" action which does exactly that, it does auto server validation for any form fields configured with validation rules.

Best regards

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!