Buy Now
Sign in

System Cache and Form Function

omidhz , September 16 at 18:15
Answered
o
omidhz

I have a form in CFv6 that collects some data from user, runs a custom php then echo the result. The echo php code is part of the custom php code.
Everything is working fine. However, if I activate Joomla System Cache the form does not process the custom php function. How can I fix this problem.

admin

Hi omidhz,

Set the from action url to :{url:} under the "Display section" settings.

Best regards,
Max

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!

o
omidhz

Thank you Max, but did not make any difference. Still the form does not run the php code if I enable system cache.

GreyHead

Hi omidhz,

As I understand it the System Cache saves the page HTML and re-loads that when called so the form On Load action is by-passed and any custom code there will not be run. You need to set up the cache so that it ignores form pages if you want this to work correctly.

Bob

ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much

o
omidhz

GreyHead,
Thank you for your reply. My custom PHP code is in the SUBMIT section, not in ON LOAD. Will that make any difference? (see the screen shot).

Is there a feature in Joomla that I can exclude a page or a component from being cached? I couldn't fine one.

Thanks again for all your help.

Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG
(74.76 KiB)
33 Downloads/Views
admin

Hi Omidhz,

Please try to set the "Action url" to {url:} in the "Display section".

Best regards,
Max

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!

o
omidhz

Max,
Thank you so much. That fixed the problem.

The only minor issue I encountered with this method was the fact that by adding {url:} after the submitting the form, it changed the URL of the page.
I am using Chronoform Plugin to publish this form and when the URL changes, it affected my modules that are showing on that page. However, this was not a big deal and I was able to fix that by using the Advanced Module Manager application.

Thanks again for your help.