Buy Now
Sign in

"New Topic" button shows when not allowed to make a topic

paxx , June 13 2017
Answered
paxx
Hi

When the permission for users is that they can't make any new topic, the button still shows for them.

In my oppinion this is a little misleading, is there any way that you can make the "New Topic" button not to show if you don't have permission to make a new topic or answer any topic?
If the problem can be solved why worry?
If the problem can't be solved, worrying will do you no good.
admin
Hi paxx,

Are you sure that you have correct configuration ? do you have distinct forums permissions setting enabled ?

Best regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​

Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
paxx
Hi
Yes, I think that I have the right configuration set up.

Since I have some forum that public user should have the right to post in I have the distinct permission set to ON.
I only use the permissions "Inherited" or "Allowed"

In forum permission (distinct permission) I set public user to allowed in create new topic.
In the tab "permission settings" I set public user to "Allowed" under "Can create new topic"
Then in the public forum public user can create new topic.

But in other forum where only registered user should be able to create new topic, if a public user goes to that forum he will see the button "Create new topic". If public user click on that button he will get the message that he does not have the right permission.

If I in tab "Permission settings" under "Can create new topic" set public to "inherited" public user can't create topics in public forum because the button "Create new topic" is not visible and the button is, of course, not visible in the other forums.
admin
Hi paxx,

Thank you, fixed in the new update!

Best regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​

Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
paxx
Hi
Issue with button is solved with the new update.

Thanks.