Buy Now
Sign in

Can I just say that I do NOT find the latest version as user intuitive as the past versions?

arrick , May 02 2017
arrick
I cant seem to get the simplest functionality working on the new system... I was able to use multipliers, calculations for subtotals, etc... now I find it nearly impossible to even google an answer regarding the latest version, and stuff that used to be as simple as a check box now requires you to put in javascript to accomplish?
R
rtobias
While I do think CF6 is more developer focused (CF5 was more designer focused, imo), there are definitely parts that I think are almost more intuitive. I think the classifications of actions and form elements are much more intuitive. I think setup is more difficult in CF6, but I am almost certain that this is just because there is very little documentation or On Hover clues. But those will come in time, just at it took a while for all of that to come for CF5. I think CF6 will be great going forward, but still needs polish, and that just takes time.
Randy
admin
Hi Arrick,

What's the problem with the checkbox exactly ?

The next update has a simple mode to simplify the form setup, please let me know the tasks which you find difficult and I will try to include an easy implementation to it in the easy mode.

Best regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
R
rtobias
I think he means something that we used to be able to do, like check a box to set validation rules, seem more complicated now.
Randy
admin
Hi Randy,

I agree, this has been solved in the new update, hopefully it will be available in less than a day.

Best regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
arrick
Max, more specifically... how on earth do you get a multiplier page going now? I'm trying to setup a simple purchase requisition page, which I could have done in 20 minutes on version 5, and its overwhelming trying to figure this out.
admin
Hi Arrick,

Please check this FAQ item:
https://www.chronoengine.com/faqs/74-chronoforms6/5290-how-to-use-the-repeater-area.html

But there is a bug in the latest release and the multiply button will not work as expected, if you can not wait for the next update then please send me a message using the contact us page for a patch.

Best regards,
Max
Max