Sender does not match with From in email header - Chronoform email marked as spam

mart1jn , March 08 at 08:33
m
mart1jn

I'm on Chronoforms 4.0.7.

I encounter the problem that mails sent through Chronoforms end up in the spam folder of gmail addresses. Even though the ISP has setup DKIM. According to ISP, the problem is that the Sender attribute (marked in bold below) in the header is not set to an email address corresponding to mydomain.nl:

From: "info @[at] mydomain [dot] nl" <info @[at] mydomain [dot] nl>
Reply-To: "info @[at] mydomain [dot] nl" <info @[at] mydomain [dot] nl>
Message-ID: <ae83gf59328a25c069eff62a899111ab @[at] www [dot] mydomain.nl>
X-Mailer: PHPMailer 5.2.16 (https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
[b]Sender: admin @[at] server [dot] myprovider12.nl[/b]

In Chronoforms email properties I've set the static "From" name/email as well as "Reply to" name/email to info @[at] mydomain [dot] nl.

I've the impression that 'PHP mail' is responsible for setting that Sender property. In Joomla administrator (Global Configuration > Mail Settings) I did configure info @[at] mydomain [dot] nl as the site's From email address.

Is it possible to configure the header's Sender property as well?
Or is a php code change required for that?
Any other ideas how to solve this mystery?

GreyHead

Hi mart1jn ,

I don't believe that ChronoForms sets the Sender value - I've never seen it before. I suggest that you go back to your web-host.

You should not need to set Reply To name/email as well

Bob

m
mart1jn

Hi Bob,

I fear this is a battle I'm going to lose. But thanks for your answer.

Best regards,
mart1jn

admin

Hi mart1jn,

You can install v5 with v4 on the same website and build a quick test form to check if it works better there ?

Best regards,
Max

m
mart1jn

Does that use a different email method call?

GreyHead

Hi mart1jn,

By default both versions use the Joomla! mailer settings; however CFv5 has a Settings icon in the Forms Manager toolbar where you can add custom Mailer settings.

Bob

m
mart1jn

Thank you, will have a look at it.