Buy Now
Sign in

Link to file in "article_list" or "article_details"

franru , February 28 2017
Answered
F
franru
Hello everyone,

I've created a form with chronoforms to upload multiple files at once. The file upload is done correctly and is also saved in the database.

With CC6 I am trying to display a link to that file. I've tried it in different ways but I can not. In CC6, how can you add a link to the file in "article_list" or "article_details"?

Thank you very much.
admin
Hi franru,

You need to provide the file path + its name, and it depends on where you want to display that, the simplest is to use an HTML view with the path and name, and call the view wherever you want to display the file link.

Best regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
F
franru
443/5000
Hi Max,

Thanks for your answer.

Looking in the forum I found another answer of yours that indicated what same as in this post. I have tried to do what you said but it does not work, I do not know if I'm missing something in the configuration.
The link to the file needs to appear in the "article_list" and in the "article_details".
I attach screenshots so you can see the settings I have made.

Thanks for your time.

Greetings.
Attachments
capture3.jpg
capture3.jpg
(96.37 KiB)
83 Downloads/Views
capture1.jpg
capture1.jpg
(97.07 KiB)
85 Downloads/Views
capture2.jpg
capture2.jpg
(116.52 KiB)
85 Downloads/Views
admin
Hi franru,

For the table column:
In columns views, you should have this:
Article.uploadfiscal1:{view:file_link}

Then add a new HTML view, name it "file_link" and use this code:
http://path.to.files/{var:table_view_name.row.Article.uploadfiscal1}

The table_view_name must be replaced by the name of your table view which is "articles_list".

Best regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
F
franru
Thanks Max,

In the "article_details" is not posible add {view:file_link} ??

Best regards.
admin
Hi franru,

It is possible, but I wanted to get the table list link working first.

You will need a different html view for the details view because the variable to call is different, it should be:
{var:article_details.row.uploadfiscal1}

Best regards,
Max
Max
F
franru
Hi Maxi,

In the "article_list" works perfectly.

Now I'm going to test your last answer in the "article_details". Since I try, I'll tell you.

Thank you very much.
F
franru
In the "article_details" works perfectly, too.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,