Buy Now
Sign in

Forms broken and loading forever in backend

creon , December 16 2016
C
creon
Hi there,

I just noticed that on one of my customer's sites Chronoforms stopped working properly. In the backend, I can't open the forms; when doing so, I get an eternal loading screen and the styles appear to be broken. In the frontend, the styles are broken as well and the real time form check isn't working anymore.
The JavaScript console states "Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: general - {N}

This is strange, because it has been working fine so far and there haven't been any major changes to the site in the last months.

Please advise.
Best
Marc
GreyHead
Hi Marc,

Please see the Admin template section in this FAQ for the loading problem.

For the Error message please upgrade to the current release of CF.

Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
C
creon
Hi Bob,

thanks for the quick reply. I tried all your suggestions, but it didn't work out. All problems persist.

Best
Marc
admin
Hi,

Did you update to the latest version of Chronoforms 5 for Joomla 3 ?

Best regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
C
creon
Hi Max,

yes I did. No effect.

Best
Marc
GreyHead
HI Marc,

By all means PM me the site URL, the form name, and a SuperAdmin login and I'll take a quick look.

Bob
GreyHead
Hi creon,

It looks as if some server setting is preventing most (maybe all) of the CF CSS and JavaScript files from loading. See the image below for a block of them - they are in red showing 403 Forbidden errors. Your web-host may be able to help diagnose the cause.

Bob
Attachments
2016-12-20_11-26-51.png
2016-12-20_11-26-51.png
(103.6 KiB)
222 Downloads/Views
C
creon
Excellent, thanks! That ledme to the source of the problem - a lost .htaccess file that someone - probably accidently - put into the /libraries folder. I removed it and now everything is fine again.
Best
Marc
T
TWC
I do have the same problem since the last update. I am using isis 3 already (the issue occured some time ago and got fixed with the usage of isis 3 template).
Is there another possibility to fix this issue?
GreyHead
Hi TWC,

I'm not seeing any obvious problems with either ISIS3 or the ISIS templates with the latest CFV5 release - what have you just updated?

Bob
T
TWC
Hi Bob,

I updated my .htaccess-file but nothing else. I attach a copy of my current file to this post.

Sascha
Attachments
htaccess.txt
(18.86 KiB)
483 Downloads/Views
GreyHead
Hi Sascha,

Well yes, I guess that as that blocks almost everything then something in there is preventing the CF files from loading. Your server logs might help you pin down exactly where the problem is.

Bob
T
toto22
[font][font][font]Bonjours j'ai un grand souci je ne parvient plus un modificateur les formulaires il reste su" loading" pourriez-vous m'aider svp car cela est important que je puisse changer des champs tout avait fonctionner jusqu’ici alors je ne comprend pas [/font][/font][/font]