Fri Jul 25, 2014, 8:24 am
 Locked  Hot  27  7074
1 2 3
Showing 1 to 10 of 28 entries.
Mon Aug 16, 2010, 5:08 am

Hello,

I am trying to create a Multi Page form without success. Here are the steps I am taking to do this:

1. Created a mother form called mother, nothing in it.
2. Created a form called form_1, just put one field in.
3. Created a form called form_2, just put one field in.
4. Created tables for form_1 and form_2.
5. Enabled Multi Page plugin on mother form. In number of steps, selected 2. Step form names, I entered form_1,form_2. Finalize button name Go and nav and debugging set to no.
6. Published all forms.

When I click on the mother form link, I get a blank page. If I click on the individual forms I see the fields. Am I missing a step? I followed the process in the help tab.

Thanks,

9 0
Wed Apr 28, 2010, 8:15 pm
Mon Aug 16, 2010, 5:30 am

Hi ddouglas ,

That all sounds exactly correct.

Please check the Plugins tab. To be enabled the plugin must have a *green* bar (and probably all the others should be *red* bars).

Bob

ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee, thank you very much

36700 38555
Tue May 29, 2007, 6:15 pm
Mon Aug 16, 2010, 6:29 am

Thanks, I forgot that step. Now when the form actually shows, I only see form_1, not form_2. I added a submit button on form_2 to write the data to the tables. Not sure if that was correct.

9 0
Mon Aug 16, 2010, 10:07 am

Hi ddouglas,

When you submit step 1 you should go to step 2

Bob

36700 38555
Tue Aug 17, 2010, 1:52 am

Hi Bob,

OK, so I should have submit buttons for each step, right? I'll try that.

Thanks for the quick response.

EDIT

I deleted everything and started fresh and everything is working as I want. I just need to relate the tables now.

9 0
Tue Aug 17, 2010, 7:26 am

Hi ddouglas,

I just need to relate the tables now

you can either do this step by step (that's my preference) or save everything at the final step. There are a couple of threads discussing this.

Bob

36700 38555
Tue Aug 17, 2010, 4:56 pm

I tried both and the step by step is the way to go for me as well. Thanks for your help, everything is working as expected.

9 0
Thu Aug 26, 2010, 3:00 pm

So am I missing something. Where do I find the plug in at? I looked on the site and don't see it.

Also I'm trying to do something different with the multi page form. My client wants them to be able to enter in their personal information and then some information about some artwork they want to submit. Then they want the option to submit just that or add another art piece. I wanted to use the multi page form for this. Can it do that? Can they opt to submit or go to the next page to add another piece? If so, how can I do that. If it's explained in your "cookbook" I'll go ahead and buy it now. I actually just saw it and plan on buying it anyway because this truly is the best form tool out there for Joomla. :?:

UPDATE: BTW just got your E-Book.... I love it! This is so perfect especially for the advanced features BUT I don't think it answers my guestion about submitting part of the form or moving on to a part 2 page.

32 0
Wed Jul 9, 2008, 2:17 pm
Thu Aug 26, 2010, 3:31 pm

Hi prdg1,

Sorry. Multi-page forms with optional pages didn't make it into the book :-( Maybe I'll write it if we can work out how to do it.

I think it could be done using steps navigation to skip unwanted pages but I'm not certain.

Bob

36700 38555
Thu Aug 26, 2010, 3:36 pm

Oooh. Well add that to your new enhancements list. Hhhmmm well I'll try to see what I can do. I'm guessing then what I'm going to have to do is create a basic form and if they want to resubmit additional pieces, they'll have to go back to the form and resubmit the form again. I was just trying to avoid them having to re-enter their information. Thanks again. :D

BTW - any ideas on when another release of the tool with cool features is gonna happen?

32 0
Wed Jul 9, 2008, 2:17 pm
Showing 1 to 10 of 28 entries.