Any questions unrelated to Chrono products may be posted here, like Joomla questions or general discussions!
I have my 2 sites. (test and live)
if you login (front end) on the live site, this happens.
http://www.funkyhousebeats.com/ (before click login)
http://www.funkyhousebeats.com/index.php (after click login)
on the test site it does this.
http://test.funkyhousebeats.com/ (before click login)
http://test.funkyhousebeats.com/index.php/component/comprofiler/login.html (after click login)
but the user is NOT logged in. I don't even get presented with a bad user/pass message. The difference between the two sites was that I installed and uninstalled a new shoutbox that I was testing. after the uninstall or mabye when it was installed, the login stopped working.
PHP Built on: Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Thu Nov 25 01:59:22 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
Database Version: 5.0.91-log
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.17
Web Server: Apache
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.23 Stable [ senu takaa ama baji ] 04-March-2011 18:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
I just noticed that if I supply a bad user/pass combo on the live site, it takes me to a similar structured URL like in test. However, there is also a page that alerts you about the bad user/pass and provides a new input box for user/pass input. This is a different set of input boxes than the other ones the user used to create the error.
Can you check for this? if not, post back telling me what browser you use.
If you have installed an extension/add-on that you are now not using and everything was okay before, I would fully uninstall the extension making sure the database tables are removed/deleted. This could fix the issue.
Different input boxes makes me think it might be a difference between a Joomla login module and your templates login module, some templates come pre-installed with modules etc and maybe your site is cross using the different versions of modules. Check this and also check any differences between the two sites.
Here are the details of what happens when I try and login.
SEC7115: :visited and :link styles can only differ by color. Some styles were not applied to :visited.
HTML1115: X-UA-Compatible META tag ('IE=9, IE=8, chrome=1') ignored because document mode is already finalized.
SCRIPT5007: Function.prototype.apply: argument is not an Object
rs=AItRSTM1bjCp_59I6fj0gy3Bo7pwJFtn6A, line 142 character 204
I tried to expand the error bug the debugger says that the source is not available. At least we're on to something. Let me check line 142 ;-)
Firebug shows this.
second argument to Function.prototype.apply must be an array
This was the line of code you had to put in your template index.php file
//<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/mod_smo_ajax_shoutbox_css.php" type="text/css" />
I took it back out after uninstalling the component and module. The add was SOM shoutbox announcer by steve-o-meter I believe.
I think I'm closer, but then it get's more strange. I found the error actually and you (Harvey51) were right. Here is the offending line (js error) in my login page.
Firebug reports error on line 450
Chrome (Web developer) reports the same error in line 450
(Uncaught ReferenceError: TWTR is not defined)
However when I browse the filesystem through 1and1.com control panel, FTP and Unix shell I don't see this file.
That is the URL that shows in the UI (all browsers) after the error, but I can't find that file. Is it generated during runtime and cleaned up after? I can't figure why I can't find this file.
I installed ReDJ to help out a bit also. Here is what is posted in the "Referrers" section after the failed login attempt.
Visited URL - http://test.funkyhousebeats.com/
They are SEF URLs so they are made up as needed. If you turn off the SEF URLs you can probably see the real URL that is being used. These look like Community Builder links to me.
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
Wow! I don't get it. Not only did it show me the URL, it fixed the problem. When I turned of "SEF friendly URLs" the login is now successful.
Those script errors I mentioned are now gone too. The only thing is that this option is enabled on my test site and doesn't cause any issues. I'll see what I can figure out. Either way, I'm buying you a beer!