Tue Sep 2, 2014, 1:47 am
 Locked  24  4346
1 2 3
Showing 1 to 10 of 25 entries.

Hi All,

First of all i want to say Thanks to all whoever thought to build such a good form Component of Joomla. Now coming to point, I have created few forms in ChronoForms and all are working fine. However, at one point i am facing problem in it. There are few users who click Submit button multiple times after feeling data into form fields and because of it; same data is getting added multiple time. Now i don’t want duplicate entry get submitted multiple time and ruin my database with same entries.

Suppose if user click 5 times on Submit button after feeling data in form then user form data will only get submitted one time and all other four attempts will not get updated in database.

Any solution. Or Code which i can add onSubmit event.

Regards,
Jeet

22 0
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 10:11 am

Hi Jeet,

Which version of ChronoForms are you using? You can find the version from Site Admin | Extensions | Install/Uninstall | Components in Joomla! 1.5 or Site Admin | Extensions | Extension Manager | Manage in Joomla! 1.6/1.7/2.5.

There are anti-flooding settings in CFv3 on the Form General tab; and I have an Anti Flood [GH] action for CFv4 you can get here

Bob

ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee, thank you very much

37110 39475
Tue May 29, 2007, 6:15 pm

Hi GreyHead,

Thank you for your reply. I am running V4 of Chrono forms. I have downloaded "Anti Flood [GH] action for CFv4". But can you let me know where should i place this file on my server. Sorry but i dont have idea about "Form General tab". Are you talking about tabs we have like as below:
Preview
Emails
Thanks Message
Files Uploads
Code
Anti Spam
Store Data
Form Settings

I have all this tabs not the one you mentioned. Can you please help me out in integration too.

Thank in advance.

22 0

Hi Jeet,

[list=a]

• Install the action using the Install Action icon on the Forms Manager toolbar

• Take a backup copy of your form just in case.

• Open your form with the Wizard Edit link, then switch to the Advanced Wizard.

• Click the actions tab at the left

• Open the Utilities group of actions and drag an Anti Flood action into the On Submit event at the right.

• Move the Anti Flood action up so that it is the first action in the On Submit event.

• Open the action configuration with the 'spanner' icon next to the red x and check the Help tab.
  • [/list:o]

Bob

37110 39475

Hi GreyGead,

As per your instruction. I installed mentioned action and added on top of onSubmit event. But still its not working. I have updated my form with Advance Mode option. Please find attached image for your information to check if i have made any mistake in it.

Regards,
    Jeet

• anit_flood.jpg.jpg
      anit_flood.jpg.jpg (114.97 KiB) Viewed 2010 time(s).
    22 0

Hi Jeet,

You don't have any action in the On Fail event so it won't do anything. The least you need is to drag an Event Loop action in there to re-load the form. I think there is more information on the action Help Tab

Bob

37110 39475

Thank you for your help GreyHead.

I have added Event loop action and now data is updating with single entry after multiple clicks on Submit button. However, i came across with one more problem on Email Field. After multiple submission in the email fields i receive javascript code as below:

<script type='text/javascript'> <!-- var prefix = 'ma' + 'il' + 'to'; var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '='; var addy81163 = 'yourname' + '@'; addy81163 = addy81163 + 'domain' + '.' + 'com'; document.write('<a ' + path + '\'' + prefix + ':' + addy81163 + '\'>'); document.write(addy81163); document.write('<\/a>'); //-->\n </script><script type='text/javascript'> <!-- document.write('<span style=\'display: none;\'>'); //--> </script>This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. <script type='text/javascript'> <!-- document.write('</'); document.write('span>'); //--> </script>

Any guess why is getting displayed? i hope you will good solution for this too. Email field is mandatory with email format check. Is it a cause of such an error?

Regards,
    Jitendra

22 0

Hi Jeet,

You have the Joomla! Email Cloaking Plug-in enabled and it is trying to cloak the sample e-mail in the ChronoForms validation message. Disable the plug-in temporarily to check this is the problem. If you need the plug-in change the plug-ins order so that Email Cloaking runs before ChronoForms.

NB These are Joomla! plug-ins that you manage from Site Admin | Extensions | Plug-in Manager

Bob

37110 39475

Thanks GreyHead for your help. As per your recommendation i have set off that plugin and it work perfect. Now i do not get any script error in email field.

One quick question to you. On Submit event i added Anti Flood event and in that set Event Group option. However when i try to edit setting section then i get empty event drop down. I do have multiple event set on my form.

Right now, On multiple click form get stop and throw an error. But instead of show error it should get redirect to thank you page. I tried to place redirect event after event loop but that didn't work. Please check the attached image for your information.

Hope you will solution on this too. Thanks in advance and once again thank you for your earlier help too.

Regards,
    Jeet

• fomr.jpg.jpg
      fomr.jpg.jpg (85.42 KiB) Viewed 1957 time(s).
    22 0

Hi Jeet,

The default value of the Event Loop is the one you need so having it blank isn't a big problem.

But, the bug has been fixed in the latest release so please upgrade your ChronoForms to CFv4 RC3.2

The event loop will only 'fire' the On Fail event on the second or later clicks so the action you put in there will only be used then. You can choose which action to use. If you use an Evetn Loop then the form will be re-dsiplayed; if you use a Thank You Message action then a message will be shown; if you use a Redirect User action then the user will be redirected to another page.

Bob

37110 39475
    Showing 1 to 10 of 25 entries.